display message to user when install starts

I have a working XP unattended install but am trying to add a message to the user prompting them to unplug the ethernet cable, then to hit a key to continue. The message ideally needs to appear before the install starts, but if not then as early as possible in the install. Any suggestions please. :D

Script the installation using a batch file.

Just have everything exactly as shown:

ECHO Please unplug the ethernet cable before continuing.
PAUSE
<Code for installation. i.e. %SYSTEMROOT%\Applications\Installer.exe>

Well, not exactly. :P Change the last line to whatever you use to install the program. Otherwise, put the path to the executable file.

Edited by Asin

The PC may not have an OS installed. there would need to be some kind of OS running to run the batch file. i did try creating a DOS boot CD and running from that(actaully it was a win98 boot cd). The batch file part worked ok, but the windows installation would not start. I guess to do with DOS being 16bit OS and the windows installer needs to be started from a 32bit OS.

Thanks for the responses. Yes i agree this seems the best method. It hadn't occured to me to use the winnt.exe instead of winnt32.exe. I will have to try a make my own boot disk as the bart version puts lots of text on the screen during the boot. i need a very 'clean' boot with no messages.