USP on non-english Win2K

ZenLord

I know I've read this some while ago (when this project didn't even have its own sub-forum), but I cannot seem to find it:

If you install this USP 5.1 on a non-english version of Win2K, will it break stuff or will it just display some dialog boxes in both languages? Sadly, some people I know prefer windows in their native language :no:

Sure, I could try it myself in VMware, but if it were to cause (non-critical) problems that I might overlook, then I could end up in a lot of problems... And chances are really high someone else here has tested this I guess :)

THX a lot for this magnificent project!

Zl.

Edited by ZenLord

I don't think it has been tested - if you require foreign language support use the HFSLIP method.

<Another topic on this great site!>

You collect the patches, et.al. for the Windows ver (2k/xp/2k3) in your desired language and run it.

The Hotstream method uses lots of patches not released to the public at large - and as Gurgelmeyer has said; THEY ARE FOR ENGLISH, so he didn't test with other versions of 2k.

Future patches may not work unless you DL the English ver's but maybe

you would be ok with that? SO build a system and give it a try. Let the rest of us know how it turns out!!! :whistle:

p.s. Good luck!

yes it has been tested, by me for instance even though i already knew it couldn't work in will not wok on any other language than english

any english UK as well as US version...

if you want it localized start colecting the hotfixes,

and Gurglemeyer May deside to build it for yah,

but i must warn you it contains way so many hotfixes - (even if youd shorten the list by adding SP4.exe instaed of all the hotfixes and stripe out the hotfixes it superseads .....

it would probebly leave you 200+ fixes to also download....

added comment:

it just may or may not work if you'd binairy patch ALL the SPfltes in version nr's and langsettings....

but than half your os would turn english, - but that could than be fixed bu res-editing the language resourses of all the files (it would take about 2months (fulltime) to get this done, - so i wouldn't find it worth it, - but if you dis-agrea be welcome ask for details, on how to get it done...

Edited by -I-

if you want it localized start colecting the hotfixes,

and Gurglemeyer May deside to build it for yah,

He's more than welcome to do it, but I won't be bothering him with it. Looks like way too much work and I don't think I have the time to go look for all those localised versions myself, so I will not be taking someone else's time. I'll get my friends to start using english software, probably much easier and in the end the internet will become a better place ;)

THX for your replies!

Zl.