hard disk cont.

dang now win2k3 dont detect my secondary hard drive can anyone help me with this problem i check the hardware manager and it didnt have any conflicts and i check the cables and stuff too and they are all tighten what is wrong with this picture?

iIf the HD was working fine and without any modification, just stoped working....im thinking the harddrive is dead. I would reccomend unplugging all the other HDs and setting it to master then finding the manufacturer HD Fitness test. If the Fitness test doesnt recognize it at all, move it around on different IDE channs, repat the test and see if it sees it. Try differents cables and final try anther system, if those all tur out negative, looks like you have a tosty HD

GoodLuck

=Drew

i do not think my HD is toast out. My original question is that when i use my third drive which has win2k3 on it, it does not detect my storage drive aka secondary drive, but when i use my main drive which has win2k on it. it detected the storage drive. on another note when i use hardware manager on win2k3 it detects it but it doesn't show up on "my computer" and cannot be accessed by DOS.

I had a similar problem with win2k3! I would install it and it wouldnt detect my third drive. I booted into dos and used NTFSpro and it detected it. What i found is when you install win2k3 sometimes if a drive is partition it reads it funny and doesnt assign a drive letter. Before you format the drive check under the admin tools for disk managment. See if it detects the drive. Then click on the drive and assign it a drive letter and that should solve it. It solved mine. Im sorry for the crappy spelling.