Interchangeable Mice?

WDGC

I have 2 Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse sets: "Cordless Access Optical Duo", purchased Dec. 2003 and "Cordless Desktop EX 110", bought Dec.2005. Each are bottom of the range, inexpensive sets but work well enough for my purposes.

Cordless Access Optical Duo: Mouse P/N: 851891-0000

Receiver P/N: 830680-0000

Cordless Desktop EX 110: Mouse P/N: 831540-0000

Receiver P/N: 831168-0000

To look at, the receivers are, for all intents and purposes, identical.

Are the mice interchangeable?

If I try a "trial and error" approach is there any likelihood of damage?

You can try but I doubt if its gonna work since each unit is tuned to a particular frequency. Anyway the other option is to use the Logitech setpoint and that way u can use either of your mice.

For instance I have the MX1000 and the G5. I use the G5 for gaming and the MX1000 for everything else. Once I start gaming I just put the MX1000 back in the cradle and use my G5. Its pretty neat!

Anyway the other option is to use the Logitech setpoint and that way u can use either of your mice.

I have SetPoint 2.4 installed. How does this allow me to use either mouse?

Is there a setting to be changed, would you elaborate please?

not sure if this will work but the mouse should have a little reset button on it somewhere, try pushing that and hopefully it will be detected.

I'm aware of the mouse connect button, my concern was would trying to connect a possibly incompatible mouse be likely to cause damage.

I tried using the older mouse with the newer receiver and it wouldn't connect, so at least with these 2 sets the mice aren't interchangeable, despite being superficially almost identical.