Nero 7.0.14 Silent Installer

Rico.JohnnY

Tested in VmWare with /LANG=FRA

-> Install okay

-> No shortcuts at all

-> Just SmartStart is in french

-> Perhaps a typo but /SN= switch doesn't work, I use regfile and is okay.

Edited by sonic

Installed on Dutch XP PRO

Only smart start is Dutch , Didnt know the switch for Dutch , i tried LANG=/NL

And uninstall doesnt work properly , it leaves most stuff behind.

/SN= did work for me

EDIT:

It was /LANG=NLD

But still no dutch ( only smart start is Dutch )

Edited by muiz

It can't be.. I have tested in vmware twice and real pc twice too, it just works perfectly,both at T12 and RunOnceEx. No Shortcuts or product key issue found as well as uninstallation .So what language version of OS do you run? Coz the original package is an English one, /LANG= switch just change the UI lang of Nero apps.

Have you guys used the "Nero 7 Only the Basic" method to install a copy of Nero 7 before? If so, maybe it is why your problem occurs, coz I came across the shortcuts and uninstall issues too after following the guide. For the install to work normally based on that guide, you still need to make a litter modification, there should be a cab file placed in the cab folder, rather than deleting them all. you can double click the installer, after extracting, go to temp folder and retrieve the source files, then you should see the difference. Try a fresh install to see if it works or not, do post a reply if you still have that issue.

I will write a guide later on how to further customize the installer, coz I have a weird issue while doing the apps install using Xplode 4.3 and i am struggling with it right now. Xplode aborts midway during the T12 install and i find no error report in the log file, and the xml file is in well format after using XMLspy to check it, so odd.

Rico.JohnnY your source version of nero is only english or it's the 400mb version ? because it seems to change only settings in regedit ... and apps doesn't have the right lang files perhaps ...

That was what i was thinking to.

I installed nero in my own language ,and copied the language files and reg file.

With an sfx i get the lang files in place , and run the reg after it.

Now my nero is dutch , but uninstall still doesnt work , cause this nero installs not in the default folder.

Still havent try to burn something with it... will try later on.

OK, i think i have found out the reason.To use a language other than English(the default one), you should specify the language dependent MST file, coz all lang strings are there.

Here's the similar command line i use to call nero.msi

msiexec.exe /norestart /qb /i "Nero.msi" FAMILYNAME="Nero 7" TRANSFORMS="nero.mst" UILANGUAGEID="1033" STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" MSISOURCEFILE="Nero.msi" SERIALNUM_USERVAL="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" USERNAME="xxx" COMPANYNAME="xxx" INSTALLDIR="x:\xxx\xxx" ALLUSERS="2" NERO_SCOUT="FALSE"

The nero.mst is the one modified from the original 1033.mst, so maybe it's why the issue occurs. The /Lang= switch just changes the HKLM\Software\Ahead\Shared\Language value, and it seems only change the UI lang of start smart. Mannually modifying the 26 MST files by myself is a heavy job , so for the people who want to use other language, just follow the "Nero 7 Only the Basic" guide, and

1.Make relevant changes to the MST file according to your language, then place it at the root of the install point.

2. Place the 307C0B60.cab which can be grabbed from the original install source in a folder named "cab", and place the "cab" folder at the root of the install point, this will make the shortcuts work properly. Make sure the 307C0B60.cab contains a file called AdvrCntr2D6E0B790.dll, if not, find the right one that contains it.

3. Also grab the setup folder from the original isntall source and place it at the root of install point.

4. Use the above command line to launch the setup, make changes accordingly.

Do reply if you still have problem.

Explanation:

original install source: the one grabbed from temp folder, containing tons of cab file

install point: the one created by using /a switch from nero.msi

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little too big for my taste. I have 7.0.12A and it's 18MB. I just can't seem to get 7.0.14 to work. It's driving me nuts. :(

If anyone's up for it, I'd appreciate one of these, but reduced down to 18MB (or less). Heck, I might even say "Thank you." :P