Results to my win2k3

i dont think so because when i use windows 2000 it works fine both of my cd drives works ut when i use win2k3 it do the 10min start up on me here what it say in event viewer The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period. it do not have any info in the troubleshooter...

hav u got ur cd drives plugged into a separate ide channel from the hdd? I was experiencing the same prob with my 40 gig barracuda when i had the cdrom and the hdd on the same cable. If u hav the cdrom plugged into the same cable as the hdd, disconnect it and connect it to the same cable as the other cd drive

Hi folks, well on my Old Slow Machine (Pentium 200 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 6.4 GB Hard Disk) Win 2K3 Ent. Server from power on - logon - Start Button - Icons on destop - Shutdown - power off takes less than 2 minutes tops.

If you have long delays that likely could be IRQ's that never happen. Causes the hardware to hang for quite some time till a Timeout occurs. Could be sound card, network card, adapter card drivers that have "Bugs". Have a look at your hardware config or Plug and Play stuff for anything that does not look right. Cheers.

yea even with the trial version it stil boots hell slow so im guessin it my slow p2 computer...

i thought that youve found the problem, and it was your cd-drive, or did i miss something?

dude wtf with all these merging ppl are confused.... i did solve my problem to the 10min startup but i have a new problem right now i have to dissconnect the cables to my cd-rom drive to prevent it from booting 10min but i dont know how to make it so that i dont need to dissconect the cable nah mean

Hi folks, well on my Old Slow Machine (Pentium 200 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 6.4 GB Hard Disk) Win 2K3 Ent. Server from power on - logon - Start Button - Icons on destop - Shutdown - power off takes less than 2 minutes tops.

If you have long delays that likely could be IRQ's that never happen.  Causes the hardware to hang for quite some time till a Timeout occurs.  Could be sound card, network card, adapter card drivers that have "Bugs".  Have a look at your hardware config or Plug and Play stuff for anything that does not look right.  Cheers.

yes it is my hardware problem :) and i say its my cd-rom drive the point is i do not know how to fix it geeze :rolleyes:

The reason for merging the threads is simply because this is the same PC and the same subject. It is easier for everyone to assist you when they know the background. The new threads you created about the same PC do not contain the list of hardware, software, or fixes that have been suggested and applied in the original threads. Otherwise, there will be duplicate questions that have already been answered. That is why people are confused. In one thread you indicate the problem is solved, yet you open another thread and continue the conversation with the same or new problem. Make sense?

Remember we are here to help if we can and do it out of our selfless interest to help others. Remember that!