Results to my win2k3

After i finish installing win2k3 on a new hd. when ever i turn the com on it boots up normally but after i enter in my admin password it just stays at the opening screen (blue wallpaper) for ten miniutes before it startsup that is my problem can i config it to make it start up in less than 10 mins???

{in other words it takes 10+ minutes before i can see my taskbar and recyling bin icon Oo}

Assuming that your computer meets the minimal requirements to run Win2K3 I would guess that the installation may be corrupt and you might want to reinstall. However, the monitor frequency comes to mind. This leads to your video card and monitor drivers. Please give us a detailed list of your computer's hardware and we may be able to suggest a solution.

Welcome to MSFN :)

It is okay spec wise I think. The RAM is odd being 300,000 and 3 memory cards. I guess that is 384 MB and 3 sticks. Is the hard drive defragmented? When you installed it did you do a clean install (new partitions and format)? Somtimes a old hard drive will simply fail. Is it making grinding sounds? Check the monitor frequency and video card drivers.

no need to defrag if you are going to format. Make a clean installation if possible. In other words dont run setup and overwite the existing installation. Use the hard drive manufacturers utility disk and rebuild the hard drive, i.e. new MBR, new partition, format. Otherwise is you run an overwrite the registry will retain multiple entries of the setup. Do a clean install anytime you install any new operating sustem :)

:) man it still stalls for 10mins be4 i can see the task bar and the icons gerrr could it be that my secondary hard drive is corupt??? plez i need some help if it is my hd is there ne utill to check for errors and fix them?

my computer specs:

intell pentium 2 yeah u herd me 2 and its wierd its big like 3inches by 4 and a half Oo

geforce 4 mx 420

sbc dsl

3 ram booster card {cheap kind}

20 gig maxsor and the one with 2003 on it is a western digital 6gig

i got a total of 294,436 ram so says the mycomputer/propertys