[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

Why not go back or put up your CreateNewInstaller.7z file so others who have trouble with the RAR sfx and don't know how to make a 7zip sfx can make their own.

Because i figure those that have already acquired the knowhow to use 7zip to create installers will do so. This way i eliminate dealing with 5+ PM's/day asking howto questions that I don't have time for and that a little research on their part will solve the issues without me holding their hands.

On a further note - CHECK MD5's - the distributed files were updated solving installtion issues with the 8.1 beta and deployment issues with 8.0 final.

shark

OK Sharky my md5's for the new 8.1 Beta match but when i attempt to patch the clean files from your installer with messpatch for repacking, the CRC Check fails. It says that the mesenger.exe is alredy been patched/modified :(

Edited by ricktendo64

OK Sharky my md5's for the new 8.1 Beta match but when i attempt to patch the clean files from your installer with messpatch for repacking, the CRC Check fails. It says that the mesenger.exe is alredy been patched/modified :(

lol, you're right.

I accidently uploaded my personally modified version.

I'll replace it with the untouched version shortly.

**updated file is available**

If you would like to learn to modify messenger on your own see the 1st post. :thumbup

shark

Hello Shark,

Thank you for the updated release, I have tested Shared Folders and they work fine.

On another note, is there any reason why Windows Live Messenger now starts on first-boot, in your previous installer it placed a shortcut in the start-menu that until you ran it, Windows Live Messenger did not run at start-up by default - I preferred this.

laze.

Hello Shark, is there any reason why Windows Live Messenger now starts on first-boot, in your previous installer it placed a shortcut in the start-menu that until you ran it, Windows Live Messenger did not run at start-up by default - I preferred this. laze.

I prefer it also. Files updated accordingly.

shark

Nope im just saying its been messpatched... My messenger only has 1 tab plus lots of other stuff removed

Sorry for not being clear on that

omg Rick, you're right!

I cant believe I did that twice in a row.

Download it again, MD5 should be 0ce115a63d13dd3c01e2a334897c4ad0

sorry to have put you though all that and I'm also sorry for thinkin you were nuts, lol.

shark

Hey I kinda like your tweaked one... Its growing on me, very minimalistic I like it

How about you export your messpatch settings and post them, I know id like them

Sorry, i don't use messpatch.

Both files were updated today to allow SVCPACK installation.

shark

Hello,

Since updating to the latest version of your Live Messenger switchless installer, Internet Explorer 7 no longer installs during RunOnceEx.

Other changes since Internet Explorer 7 stopped installing itself include the integration of Adaptec's ASPI layer, the HD Audio fix for Ryan's latest pack and the addition of CCleaner and Windows Defener to RunOnceEx (last two items to run).

The Internet Explorer 7 switches installer I use was created by ShO_Gun and can be downloaded here. I extract the contained *.exe and run it during RunOnceEx after Windows Live Messenger has installed.

laze.

Edited by just_laze

Hello,

Since updating to the latest version of your Live Messenger switchless installer, Internet Explorer 7 no longer installs during RunOnceEx.

Other changes since Internet Explorer 7 stopped installing itself include the integration of Adaptec's ASPI layer, the HD Audio fix for Ryan's latest pack and the addition of CCleaner and Windows Defener to RunOnceEx (last two items to run).

The Internet Explorer 7 switches installer I use was created by ShO_Gun and can be downloaded here. I extract the contained *.exe and run it during RunOnceEx after Windows Live Messenger has installed.

laze.

wow, thats quite a list.

have you tried to place the Messenger installer at the end of all these broken installs so that they arent broken?

shark