[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

Thanks for the tut shark. Helped me much. My modified msn is working ok on my system.

I found the installer files here (in my turkish windows xp sp2 machine)

Program Files\Common Files\WindowsLiveInstaller

• 1 month later...

to shark

first thanks for your tuto but one thing i have xp pro french and i have searched everywhere for the msi installer and the folder WindowsLiveInstaller in the path %allusersprofile%\Application Data\WindowsLiveInstaller\Product dosn't exist also i have made a totaly search in my drive c for every msi installer and also don't find it ?

when i extracted the global installer it gives me those files MsnMsgs.msi--->16 mg and wllogin.msi 526ko is there a possiblility to between those file one is the real msi installer related to tutoriel and thanks .

Edited by populous

Although I have not put alot of effort into 'locating the MSI' other than reading this thread, and my original posted location, is there a consensus as to it's location on any language machine AFTER an official installation?

shark

Although I have not put alot of effort into 'locating the MSI' other than reading this thread, and my original posted location, is there a consensus as to it's location on any language machine AFTER an official installation?

shark

i hope it was but i couldn't find it for spanish installations. tried vista and xp without luck.

thanks to another user, i got the spanish msi installer but i didn't asked where he/she found it.

• 2 months later...

I tried this:

start /wait MSIEXEC/qn "\\server\install\msn\MsnMsgs.msi" IAGREE="YES"

The installation goes threw but I can't find live messenger after the installation.

On one computer the program was installed but without any shortcuts :S

• 2 weeks later...

Can't find it om my danish windows xp 32bit :S.

have be in all the folder i have see in this topic, and i have search after MsnMsgs.msi

(and i have start the installer´)

can't find anything :(.

nvm:

found it :).

IN danish its called C:\Programmer\Fælles filer\WindowsLiveInstaller\MsiSources

I upload it now.

Edited by DHJ

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to change the msi and make the WLM to autostart but not to open the main window when windows start?

You can add this reg key to the msi (altered when selecting via tools window)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger]
"AppSettings"=hex:42,02,01,00

and the autorun reg key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"msnmsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe\" /background"

I am new to MSI packaging and wondered exactly how you would implement this change using installshield adminstudio.

Can anyone assist?

TIA

Spadge

• 3 months later...
Is there any way to change the msi and make the WLM to autostart but not to open the main window when windows start?

You can add this reg key to the msi (altered when selecting via tools window)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger]
"AppSettings"=hex:42,02,01,00

and the autorun reg key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"msnmsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe\" /background"

I am new to MSI packaging and wondered exactly how you would implement this change using installshield adminstudio.

Can anyone assist?

TIA

Spadge

The easiest way is to export those registry entries to a file. Then, inside InstallShield (other authoring apps apply too) go to registry and right click the registry hives and select Import REG file.

The program will put those entries in your setup's registry part.