[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

spanish please upload your web
For languages other than English, you will need to download the tutorial and create your own installer.

If elajua, a trusted source, has a spanish version to share with original files I'll be more than happy to share it on my repository.

shark

im making some other installers right now but i definitively will make a new spanish version of 8.5 Beta, will contact you Shark when im done (gone for the weekend, so i will have it monday/tuesday next week).

The 8.5 BETA release on my repository has been updated using the official English release and to include a quicklaunch shortcut. A shortcut is also placed on the startmenu. The desktop shortcut and the startmenu shortcut folder are removed.

shark

i just finished making the spanish installer. i already pm shark007 to ask him if it possible to host it on his repository.

so if he can, spanish version will be there.

my installer doesnt includes the autolaunch registry entry, it doesnt create desktop shortcut neither installs browser BHO and it doesnt sets your homepage to msn.

Edited by Shark007
Posted to my repository

this is all too complicated. just zip the folder and make auto extract. the only thing i cant figure out is what i should do to have the sharing folders working.

There is something complicated about visiting my repository,

downloading an already prepared exe file and execting it during installation?

oh well...

shark

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I used 8.5 beta and patch it with latest a-patch and remove My Sharing Folders from My computer, patched works fine update SFX installer with patched files created addon and everything seams to be fine on clean install except that fact that My Sharing Folders is still there? WTF? :huh:

Did anyone experienced same problem?

Or is it the ONLY way to remove it by tweaking it with orca manualy?

Edited by Gorki

Hmm. I used 8.5 beta and patch it with latest a-patch and remove My Sharing Folders from My computer, patched works fine update SFX installer with patched files created addon and everything seams to be fine on clean install except that fact that My Sharing Folders is still there? WTF? :huh:

Did anyone experienced same problem?

Or is it the ONLY way to remove it by tweaking it with orca manualy?

The sharing folder cannoy be removed by editting the MSI.

I removed it using the readily available tools that edit the installed files and then placed the new files into the 8.5 winrar redistributable available from my repository. Possible it is the tool you used.

You may have to experiement a bit because the sharing folder does not appear on my computer.

shark

Shark007,so you are telling me that your msn 8.5 at your repository already has sharing folder removed? Am I correct? Maybe I should try patching it again but avoid ticking My Sharing Folders when patching using A patch? Do you have any other idea? ThX!

Shark007,so you are telling me that your msn 8.5 at your repository already has sharing folder removed? Am I correct? Maybe I should try patching it again but avoid ticking My Sharing Folders when patching using A patch? Do you have any other idea? ThX!

No, the file available on my repository is unpatched.

I dont remember which tool i used to remove the sharing folder but it was probably apatch.

I also used messbe's tool afterwards because it had some features i wanted that apatch didnt offer.

shark

Hmm I find one more interesting thing,that I did not mention and mind before. Your pack does not have msidcrl40.dll included in archive,however when you install MSN that msidcrl40.dll appears in Program files,and as that it's possible to patch it,and latter on update again archive with msidcrl40.dll that does not have it? I belive this has something to do with it? Not shure? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1238.0601 is Out ;)

I'm sorry to inform you that there will not be an update from me for this release due to the lack of highspeed internet. I am using dialup for the next 2-3 months. If during that time, this happens to go FINAL, I will make an effort to release an update, with a new editting tutorial.

shark