[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

Hey,

The only broken install is Internet Explorer 7. The others work fine but have been added along with your updated Windows Live Messenger so could possibly be the cause too.

The only item I install before Internet Explorer 7 that I've listed above is Windows Live Messenger, I'll try various fixes but I'd prefer a resolution (your time allowing) rather than some kind of bodge job if it turns out it's related to your updated WLM package.

Thanks.

laze.

I'll try various fixes but I'd prefer a resolution (your time allowing) rather than some kind of bodge job if it turns out it's related to your updated WLM package.

I'm not offering a 'bodge job'.

It seems these problems are specific to your installation. I don't have these issues and I havent heard from anyone else experiencing these issues. I offered a solution to your problem.

shark

Ok, I need to confess something, I told a porky.

I didn't test it 3 times, I actually ran the installation on my virtual machine once with Internet Explorer successfully installing. After an honest 3 more attempts since, it has failed everytime.

After commenting (REM) out your latest WLM release and accompanying add-ons (Ink / Safety Scanner) Internet Explorer 7 Installs fine.

The solution may be as you suggested, to move WLM so it installs after Internet Explorer 7 but a limitation of your Safety Scanner add-on would mean I'd have to remove it (you specify to install it before Internet Explorer 7 on your homepage).

Can you replicate this issue? I'm using Sho_guns RunOnceEx add-on.

laze.

Thanks for the tutorial, Shark007. :)

EDIT: This may be new for WLM 8.1.178 Final, but it should be mentioned that HkcuAutoLaunch must be deleted from the Registry table in the MSI to prevent the messenger from starting at first logon.

Edited by 5eraph

Sorry I'm pretty new here. I'm trying to make my apatched modified msn ua installer, but I'm a little confused on how to do it. I've so far used orca to modify the tables, extracted the newly modified msi, a-patched modified files.. then what do I do after this?

How do I repack the .MSI package with my new patched files. Thanks

In the Property table there is InstallMode. Which Is set to Complete...

What could be set for just Messenger Live?

I cant disable Set Homepage or MSN toolbar or that music service :(

Edited by blahface

MsnMsgs.msi IAGREE="Yes" ALLOWRHAPSODY="" ADDLINKS="" ADDBHO="" SETHOMEPAGE="" /qb-

WOuld that be easier, than trying to hack it about!?

btw what is ADDLINKS="" ADDBHO="" ...what does that do!?

Edited by blahface

is it possible to create an add-on to install "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant"? If i'm right it's not included in thi wlm pack :(

ps

i replaced dll and exe files to localize my installation in italian and it works fine, just a little issue: the icon "my shared folders" in my pc and my documents is still in english and not translated in italian... how can I fix that?

Thanks a lot ;)

Edited by provolino