Change order hotfix are applied

butos

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if there's a way to change order nlite applies hotfix selected in hotfix page.

I tried choosing them in desired order but it seems that nlite applies then in random order.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Filippo

I think it would be usefull to be able to choose which update run for first...

For example: i would run ryanvm update pack and LATER other updates, the same way Siginet integrator works.

Filippo

file version, date created, date modified, can be decieving.

even on microsoft www for slipstreaming they recommend appling hotfixs in order they came out, and NOT by KB number, file version, date created, date modified.

wonder if nlite has built in database of hotfixs vs filename?

nLite integrates Update packs (RVM and others) first then regular hotfixes (which you may choose to be installed by build date by clicking on that Column header) then it integrates XPize last.

And what about addons such as ryanvm or custom made? Is there a policy about them? I would suggest executing first ryanvm addon and then other ones, so that newer files (or even newer hotfixes) are kept.

But it seems to me that now, nlite just runs then randomly.

Filippo

Do you seriously think it does it randomly :)

It goes how they are sorted on the Hotfix page.

With only the rule I stated in last post, first CAB packs then Hotfixes then Xpize.

Meaning when you click BuildDate it will integrate first oldest CAB pack then others as they are sorted...same goes for Hotfixes.

But I do agree that moving individual hotfixes manually would be a good addition, like in GuiRunOnce tabpage. Gonna add that.

• 1 month later...
AFAIK, no.

But it's not needed since nLite will check it is not overwriting a most up-to-date file with an older one.

I have a question about this, when it says" do you want to keep this file?" I'm assuming it means the newer one correct?

• 8 months later...

Hmmm... And what about those Microsoft Hotfixes that:

1) Don't have any BuildDate, like KB923789, KB886903 (Screenshot 1)

2) A wrong BuildDate format, like KB917734 (Screenshot 2)

How will nLite react?

Would this explain why nLite is asking me many times if I want to overwrite or not an already existing fix (dll) thruout the hotfix implementation?

Regards,

Johnny

post-114360-1164426887_thumb.jpg

post-114360-1164426894_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnnygoodface

Hi,

Unfortunatly no :no: ...

You can't allways rely on KB ordering because Microsoft has a tendency of screwing the order up themselves :blink:

I think I'll keep using the BuildDate and simply remove the faulty ones and let the Windows Update site take care of those missing ones afterworth...

Cheers :)