[Testing] XPize initialization checkings

XPero

I need people to report if the checkings XPize does when you run the installer work for all of you. The checkings are:

- User is using XP 64 bit ---> Result: stop dialog appears and install won't continue

- User is using XP MCE ---> Result: warning dialog appears telling you that Royale option will be unchecked by default

- User hasn't 32 bit display settings ---> Result: stop dialog appears and install won't continue

- User hasn't .NET Framework installed ---> Result: warning dialog appears telling you that XPize Settings needs it

- User has System Restore service off ---> Result: warning dialog appears telling you that the Create Restore Point option will be unchecked by default

Thank you :hello:

I got 2 warnig dialogs on my XP Media Center Edition. The one of the Royale visual style, and it was indeed unchecked. If I'm not mistaking XP Tablet PC Edition also has Royale installed. Does XPize check for that? And a warning dialog for system restore.

I got 2 warnig dialogs on my XP Media Center Edition. The one of the Royale visual style, and it was indeed unchecked. If I'm not mistaking XP Tablet PC Edition also has Royale installed. Does XPize check for that? And a warning dialog for system restore.

XPize does not check for Tablet PC Edition. Thanks for your tests, they were ok.

@Kenny McCormick:

Thanks, thats ok.

32-bit warning works properly as i tried it on my brothers computer before installing his gfx drivers (was in 8-bit mode and complained i need 32-bit) ;)

.net framework warning works also as found after tryin 2 install on brothers computer again after installing his gfx drivers

system restore dialog works as it nags me on this computer as ive completely removed it

Edited by Ðrзω™

• 2 weeks later...