Reg Tweaks via INF files

Bournesup

I have generated inf files from the reg tweaks I have accumulated over the years. Also policy settings.

I thought of one way is by modifing dosnet.inf and txsetup.sif files. After I have created a special directory in the windows o/s installation CD. Now, with the addition of addon packs. Would you create a cab file from those inf files. And how would you have those INF files reference in you ini file. Read the directions.

One thought was to try the following in the ini file.

[AddProgram]

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection ProInstall myinffile.inf

Has anyone tried this.

I have tried using inf files for reg settings successfully but not as an addod to nlite. I had issues with certain registry keys not being available yet when trying to install with explode (which installs right before svcpack). As long as all the registry entries are available to update there shouldn't be any issues. I had to run inf files in runnonceex to get it all to work right.

Edited by Power350

Thanks for the reply. I have been examining the sysoc.inf file also where nlite installs its tweaks which is refernced to dosnet.inf and txsetup.sif. My next approach is to make a direct modification to the nlite.inf file which has all the tweaks, and append mind to it. Have to give it a try one day, and see if it works.