Autorun program that adds switches?

kof94

I've been having some problems upgrading Windows from my multi-boot.

Every time I run XP/2K's upgrade it returns with a 'can't find the setup files' sort of message.

I can understand this, as it can see the tagfiles at the root of the disc but no i386 folder.

I've found a workaround using the [/makelocalsource] switch. I've also made a simple setup.bat to launch it.

With five different types of installations (XP/2K) on the disc I need a simple autorun that will execute batch files or a similar program that will execute winnt32.exe with the swtich.

It also needs to run under 9x (no vb6) for all the other stuff on the disc that will upgrade too.

Any ideas?

I'm no programmer either so it needs to be something that exists already and simple.

Help, please!

Easier question, how can I make the upgrade boot folder look to the setup\..... folder on my DVD.

I already have an autorun menu made with Autoplay Menu Builder it just wont execute with switches or execute batch files.

If I could pre-edit the files on DVD so when the boot folder is made on the HDD it looks to the right place I wouldn't need to add a switch and the stuff in my $OEM$ folders might work aswell.

Sorry, I know my requested info has changed I've just been looking at this from another angle today.

Easier question, how can I make the upgrade boot folder look to the setup\..... folder on my DVD.

I already have an autorun menu made with Autoplay Menu Builder it just wont execute with switches or execute batch files.

If I could pre-edit the files on DVD so when the boot folder is made on the HDD it looks to the right place I wouldn't need to add a switch and the stuff in my $OEM$ folders might work aswell.

Sorry, I know my requested info has changed I've just been looking at this from another angle today.

I wrote a simple autorun menu program similiar to the one you are talking about (except mine is free)

that can run batch files or any other program that you want. I just updated it.

installer.zip