Digital Camera

Hi All,

I am using windows server 2003 and dont get a wizzard anymore when i connect my usb digital camera.

When i connect my digital camera to a windows XP /2000 machine , i always get a wizzard what ask me what to to do (copy files/ print files) and automaticly generates file names for the pictures when it copy the pictures (picture 001 , picture 002 , picture 003 and so on)

Someone know how i can do this in 2003 ?

Greetings .

Carlo

Welcome to MSFN, and you have to install the software for your digital camera, thats how I had to do it. Most digital camera companies offer their software on their website.

Hope this helped you.

Regards,

Simo H.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers , i already have enabled WIA , but it wont work (the wizard will show up, but only a few options to chose , not a option to copy the pictures to a specified location). When i used XP , the digital camera wizard was working perfect for me because the pictures on the camera (sony cybershot P51) automaticly renamed when the wizard copys them to my computer.

I will try to find software for the camera what can do the job for me..

anyway thanks for the quick reply.

Greetings,

Carlo

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Canon Powershot G2, and W2K3 presented me a problem while trying to install the USUAL Windows XP WIA drivers for W2K3. The setup file couldn't find a 'driver file' it was looking for. I had to manual redirect the system to find the .inf files required. The wizards to confirm which programs should open appeared, but i never got beyond to downloading more than 1 picture, after which the application (in my case, Photoshop) hung. A similar thing happened as I tried to retrieve the pics using M$ Scanner and Camera wizard from the Control Panel.

I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them using Windows 98/2000 WIA drivers from Canon's site. Everything works perfectly now. The Canon import interface in Photoshop is an earlier version and looks dated though. But not a glitch anymore.

For those of you using the Canon Powershot G2, this might be of some help.