Problems with my D-Link DI-604

D22

I purchased a new D-Link DI-604 in the past and have used it for quite awhile but it has recently come to my attention that I can not send files out, via- Msn Messenger and IRC, I have not tested Yahoo Messenger or AOL Messenger. but I am assuming if I can not send files out with those programs that yahoo and aol will not work. perhaps there is a setting that I missed in my router setup page anyone that has this same router and can give me a hand. it would be much appreciated

Thank You

On another note: I failed to mention that I can upload files to my ISP's provided webspace

Edited by D22

i have the exact same router and dont have a single problem with it. havent had any problems with any of the applications and iv had it for 2-3 years. could you have a firewall on your computer thats blocking those programs from openning ports?

i have the exact same router and dont have a single problem with it. could you have a firewall on your computer thats blocking those programs from openning ports?

err well I know its not recommended but I do not run any firewall software, only hardware firewall that the router has so it has to be a setting that I missed. Unless it's my ISP.

Checked with ISP and determined it has to be on my end.

-D-

Edited by D22

hum, did you possibly forward the msn ports to a single computer? also try turning on upnp and try to send something. msn opens ports with upnp, so if its a router port problem we will find out.

hum, did you possibly forward the msn ports to a single computer? also try turning on upnp and try to send something. msn opens ports with upnp, so if its a router port problem we will find out.

The UPNP setting is under Tools/Misc. if thats the setting you are wondering about, yes it is turned on. the only way I can send files out via msn and mIRC is to set DMZ to enabled for the computer that I am on at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked D-Links sight for updated firmware.

I use a D-Link 604T and am able to send recieve files through msn and mirc via wireless or hard cable.

I didn't really have to set up anything to be able to do this though (if anything had to secure it's settings so they weren't default for security reasons).

This is the forth DL 604T I've had as the first 2 stopped working within a short time of use, started with them just dropping connection for no reason until I reset and then the DCHP inbuilt server just stopped working. they sent replacements rather quickly. The 2 replacements have been working 24/7 for 9 months now and barely a reset needed and it's running 9 pc's via cat cable and 4pc's via wireless on 1 and running 4pcs via cat, 4 pcs via wireless on the other DL 604T

I use the port forwarding when seeding a torrent though. Have tried the port forwarding ? (same section as you find DMZ ). When I tried DMZ I found I was getting hit by to much traffic that i wasn't requesting.

Cheers