Help - PC Problem

Thunderbolt 2864

Hello all,

I've noticed there are some people who are highly experienced with computers. I have a PC problem with my old computer. The problem is, that I try it booting up, it refuses. Instead, I hear several beeping noises. There is no image on the monitor, even though I've checked everything to see that every cable is firm on the PC box.

Well, I did manage to bypass that problem, and the next problem occurs. Once it boots into Windows, the machine becomes unstable and hangs up completely. Once I tried to restart the computer, it refuses to boot up again. So I see this is a hardware related problem. Can you guys please help me out here.

Does this mean I have to replace my old PC box? Well, I've been using it since 2000, so yes, its kinda old.

Beeps in most cases means you have a memory problem and I would try with different memory modules or it could be a power supply..

For a start, try to open ur box and clean memory modules and memory slots from dirt.

I had situations when dirt gave me pain in the neck...

Yup, definately hardware--but hard to specifically say which piece, this could be a bad hard drive as well, since I have seen that produce similar problems to the one you describe.

When dealing with older machines like this that have hardware problems the first question to ask yourself is this: would you rather spend the time (and possible frustation) to fix it yourself, or just bite the bullet and replace it now? Different people feel different ways about it, and what you have on the hard drive may play a big role in how you feel about it.

Thanks for trying to help. I haven't really identified the problem yet, but I'm suspecting it may be the power supply case that needs to be replaced. My hard drive isn't too old, its about a year since I've purchased it. Well, my old PC is back in the year 2000, so I guess its expiration date has finally arrived. Anyway, my family is thinking about getting the whole computer replaced. Whats the point of replacing the power supply box anyway, the computer has been through a lot. Its now unstable, horribly slow and its not going to handle anything these days.

I was meaning to get it replaced anyway. Thanks again for helping guys.

Thunderbolt 2864

Try counting the beeps along with the pauses. These are basically codes to let you know what is going on in the computer. Find a website for these bios beeps, and compare.

It will narrow down what is wrong. It becomes rather expensive when you replace parts that are still good.