how to almost get rid of all spam forever!

how to almost get rid of all spam forever!

u would probably say... its not possible!, Ur crazy!

well its is, i have been spam free for years! and u can be to by following theses simple steps

PART 1

1. Open a gmail account and a yahoo mail account (even if you have a gmail or yahoo account open another one)

if u need an gmail invite, let me know!

2. Make sure the spam blockers are activated in both yahoo and gmail account!

This is the tricky part, follow instructions carefully

3. make your new yahoo account forward all messages to your new gmail account

4. Make Your new Gmail Account Forward all messages to your primary account (the one u were using before we did all this)

You Must do this part or everything we just did is useless

5. Only give out the yahoo email address to people/on line forms

Part 2

Note: This will only affect NEW spam Threats not ones that are signed up with your primary email address!

If you want to protect against new and old threats without changing your email address people already know

replace steps 3 4 and 5 with the folowing...

3. Make a NEW email account of your choice, this will be your new primary email account

4. Make your Old Primary account (the one u were using before we did all this) forward all new messages to your New yahoo account

5. Make your New yahoo account forward all messages to your New gmail account

6. Make Your New Gmail account forward all messages to the account you make in step 3

7. continue giving out your old primary email address (the one u were using before we did all this)

8. use your email address u made in step 3 as your primary email account for now on

questions? let me know!

Edited by wolf7448

wow! it sounds crazy but awesome all at the same time?!?!

how the heck did you think this one up? "Maybe if I fwd and fwd and fwd I might not get spam!?"

I shall give that a try sometime

thkz

Or just use GMail with Thunderbird. ;)

Course the smartest way not to get spam is be extremely careful where you give your email address out. I don't think I've ever had spam on any of my accounts. :D

Edited by Tarun

Actions you can take to help avoid spam:

1. Use anti-spam software

Anti-spam programs can detect unwanted e-mail and prevent it from reaching users' inboxes. I highly recommend Spam Bully spam filter. It uses a combination of methods to decide whether an e-mail is likely to be spam. the program can block e-mail that comes from addresses on a blacklist or check whether e-mail comes from a genuine domain name or web address. The program combines all the information it finds to decide the probability of an e-mail being spam. If the probability is high enough, it can block the e-mail or delete it, depending on the settings you choose.

Also I like Feox, it is a very easy to use and effective filter for Outlook and Outlook Express.

2. Utilise the learning capabilities of anti-spam software

Some anti-spam software is 'adaptive'; it is capable of learning which subjects you find acceptable and which you do not. It will then block those e-mails containing too many keywords associated with the unwanted subject matter.

3. Never make a purchase from unsolicited e-mail

By making a purchase, you are funding future spam. Your e-mail address may also be added to lists that are sold to other spammers, so that you receive even more junk e-mail. Worse still, you could be the victim of a fraud.

4. Delete the e-mail if you do not know the sender

The rules about never opening an e-mail attachment from an unknown sender apply equally to spam. If you do not recognize the name of the sender and the subject matter is unfamiliar, then don't open the e-mail. Most spam is just a nuisance, but sometimes it can contain a virus that damages the computer when the e-mail is opened.

5. Never respond to spam or click on links to it

If you click on a link that lets you unsubscribe from a mailing list, then you are simply confirming to the spammer that your e-mail address is a valid one. Not only can this encourage them to send even more spam, they are also likely to sell your address on to other spammers.

6. Opt out of further information or offers

When you fill out forms on websites, look for the checkbox that lets you choose whether to accept further information or offers. Tick or un-tick the box as appropriate to indicate that you would like to opt out from receiving further information in the future.

7. Do not use the 'preview' mode in your e-mail viewer

Many spammers can track when a message is viewed, even if you do not click on the e-mail. The preview setting effectively opens the e-mail and lets spammers know that you receive their messages. When you check your e-mail, try to decide whether it is spam on the basis of the subject line only.

8. Use the 'bcc' field if you e-mail many people at once

The 'bcc' or blind copy field hides the list of recipients from other users. If you put the addresses in the 'To' field, spammers may harvest them and add them to mailing lists.

9. Never provide your e-mail address on the internet

Do not publish your e-mail address on websites, newsgroup lists or other online public forums. Spammers use programs to scour the internet, particularly such public forums for e-mail addresses. Anything with an @ sign is usually considered to be an address. If you must publish your e-mail address then consider the use of munging. This is the term used to describe the deliberate modification of your e-mail address, with the intention of making the address unusable for the junk e-mailers who build up mailing lists from the internet. It is a technique used to ensure such programs are unable to pick up your correct e-mail address. Examples might include: yourname(AT)example(DOT)com A key factor in munging is to ensure that anybody reading the address can easily work out what the correct address should be.

10. Use one or two secondary e-mail addresses

If you fill out web registration forms or surveys on sites from which you do not want further information, use a secondary e-mail address. This protects your main address from spam.

When you fill out forms on websites, look for the checkbox that lets you choose whether to accept further information or offers. Tick or un-tick the box as appropriate to indicate that you would like to opt out from receiving further information in the future.

After about 2 months of doing this to every single spam message, my inbox is clean everyday, obviously new ones appear from new companies once or twice a week. However, without any hassle, I do not even have to use the Hotmail's Junk Filter anymore because I rarely get spam.

This is definately the best method.

Amazing what we'll go through to avoid spam. I know the real way to eliminate spam from the world forever! Find all the knuckleheads who have ever purchased something offered in spam and kill them. Imagine the increase in the quality of the world's gene pool as well. Sounds like a win - win to me :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

9 times out of ten this DOES NOT work! even clicking the opt out link may take you off that list and put you on another, if it even does take you off that list that is

Edited by wolf74481

• 2 weeks later...

Cool stuff. I just filter out forwarded e-mail and e-mails from anyone/anything not on my contact list in MSN to my Junk mail folder. I get 1 or 2 junk mail a month. I also haven't signed up to 20 newsletters, though.

• 2 months later...

I don't share my eMail address allot, nor I use in sites that require registration (unless the site is trustworthy). What I have been doing for the last couple of months is using disposable eMail accounts or searching for login accounts.

Allot of sites require registration for a simple task. Most of the times I will not go back there, so, using eMail address like the ones available on Mailinator, WuzupMail and Spamgourmet works like a charm.

For login information, you guys can try BugMeNot.com wich also has a plugin available for Firefox.

This is the best way to keep your Inboxes free of spam. Off course you can also enable SpamAssassin if you're running your own mail server or your email provider supports it.