Wanted: Solution to removing IE core

Indie

NTFS has much better performance than FAT and FAT32.

Depends on what you do. And NTFS has this security thing I love so much (take ownership of folders that do not belong toyou :lol: )

And Linux can in fact write to NTFS. The patch is in the mainline kernel, you just have to enable it. It is quite stable.
Patchs and 3-party app. Btw "write" is disabled by default when mounting an NTFS volume.
I'd still prefer something like EXT3 or Reiser4, but Windows is not about to run on those anytime soon.

I think we could make it run on that. :whistle:

The hardest part is to make it understand ext, Reiser, XFS, ZFS permission system.

Trust me... I've been down the path of creating a EXT3 windows loader... absolutely no go... even harder with XFS... but I didn't try Reiser, but I can't see that happening either!

I'm preeeeeetty sure that Windows will never run on a journalised system.

NTFS writing is just as suck on linux as ext3 writing on winblows.

I don't know winblows 2003, I've seen it once, made me throw up.

you're on your own if you're going to test deleted edition on 2003, I think you're gonna have to add at least as much deletion lines into the batch files as there are now :w00t: bill it seems increases his crap 2x more every new version, but recently, he increased the size to 10x (from 400 mb (2003) to 4000 mb (vista)), he's getting better, anytime we add 400 lines of "del" and "deltree" codes into Deleted Edition, bill adds 4000 new files, not something I can keep up with, same thing with all these "service packs", every version adds at least 100 more new files, the directx "drivers" add by themselves over 100 files (not needed files).

at least, with Deleted Edition you can have less than 300 files in the windows directory (recursively).

I hope to be able to achieve as low as 100 total winblows files.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't hijack anything the duude has already been provided with the solution to his problem, now it's just the continuation ;) which is btw one possible solution to removing IE core :D:lol:

and I believe you should be able to find ext2fs support for winblows here : ext2 IFS

as well as here : ext2fsd

and last and most certainly least ($$$) : Paragon ext2fs Anywhere

hey nuhi duude congrats on teh new version.

Edited by monohouse