textpad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TextPad]
@="{2F25CF20-C569-11D1-B94C-00608CB45480}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2F25CF20-C569-11D1-B94C-00608CB45480}]
@="TextPad"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2F25CF20-C569-11D1-B94C-00608CB45480}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\Program Files\\TextPad 4\\System\\shellext.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{2F25CF20-C569-11D1-B94C-00608CB45480}]
@="TextPad"

• 1 year later...
Guest Sadeq

AFAIK, masterpp's method won't work on 64-bit Windows. The reason: A 32-bit DLL cannot "interface" with 64-bit explorer. That's one reason I've not yet decided to upgrade to 64-bit Windows. Many existing shell extensions are written solely for 32-bit Windows, and won't work under XP64.

PS: There still might be other ways for using Textpad with shell extensions enabled. Maybe someone has uploaded a 64-bit version of shellext.dll for the Textpad, or maybe there's other registry trick I'm not aware of.

What version of textpad are you using? According to their site they have had "Vista 64" compatiblity since 5.0. There also seems to be a 64-bit shell extension. Maybe it will work with XP64. If you own textpad, ask the taskpad people. 8)

What version of textpad are you using? According to their site they have had "Vista 64" compatiblity since 5.0. There also seems to be a 64-bit shell extension. Maybe it will work with XP64. If you own textpad, ask the taskpad people. 8)

the latest version that was out when i posted this over a year ago...

anyways, you just caused me to search the textpad forum for an answer, which i found.

this was just recently posted:

http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.ph...p;highlight=x64

thx for making this come to my attention again :)