Shuttle ST61G4

Kitty

I have posted this in another thread as I was trying to slipstream the drivers on with XP pro.

Link to my original post.

This shutte has Pentium 4 Prescot 3.00Ghz 2 gig of DDR3200 ram crucial, Pioneer DVD rw and 200 gig Seagate SATA drive.

When the pc gets to post it doesn'tsee the SATA drive then next screen offers me to access RAID by pressing F4 here the Drive is seen pressing F4 takes me into RAID but cannot set any arrays as I only have one drive.

Anyone able help to reslove this problem please.

The manual tells you to set it to raid then install the drivers using the F6 function on my topwer this has never been a problem the F6 has always worked yet on this shuttle the F6 is totally ignored and the drive continunes to load XP until it hangs on loading files ( Windows Executive). In hte post it does not see the SATA drive. Everything that can be set to auto now is and still teh HDD is not recognised if I add it to my tower the drive is recognised immediately. I have read other shuttles instructions online and htey have a section that does say SATA or SIL3112 but that is not in my BIOS and I have been trying to get a reply from Shuttle Tech support but they are still not replying.

If I set the HDD to IDE and dont enable RAID teh SATA drive isn't seen Ithink its a problem Shuttle need to address with this model as they have on board 6 in 1 card readers which seem to mess up the drive orders. I havent even fouind a way to disable them so I disconnected them.

I built a Terminator SFF (ASUS) for my wife with the exact same setup.

I actually had to unplug the card reader when installing XP, and then plug it back in when I was done installing Windows. The first install, it made the OpSys drive H!

The card readers have been unconnected all the time. I h ave tried to run Seagate tools and they can find the floppy CD drive ram but fails to find a SATA converter or rom. Looks like the motherboard is faulty. It will have to go back to be tested I have used three differnet sets of Ram and the HDD can be seen in my tower which already is set for SATA drives.

Wil ltake the shuttle back for testing this week just to be sure.