Windows 2003 on Laptop

hougtimo

Hi,

I use windows server 2003 as my main os on my main machine, I have just aquired a laptop and I am wondering about installing server 2003 on it aswell. However, i need to no if it will cope ok with it, or whether I'm better off with 2000 Pro.

Specs:

Intel Celeron 600MHZ

192MB RAM

12GB HDD

CD Rom Drive

I have drivers for the machine for Server 2003, just not sure whether it'll be quick and responsive in use, like 2000 is.

Any opinions / help are greatly appreciate.

Thanks

HougTimo

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition

Component Requirement

Computer and processor

PC with a 133-MHz processor required; 550-MHz or faster processor recommended; support for up to four processors on one server

Memory

128 MB of RAM required; 256 MB or more recommended; 4 GB maximum

Hard disk

1.25 to 2 GB of available hard-disk space

Drive

CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

Display

VGA or hardware that supports console redirection required; Super VGA supporting 800 x 600 or higher-resolution monitor recommended

Top of pageTop of page

the computer will run 2003, it probably will not run it fast and would not be as responsive as it would be with 2000, what are your plans for the laptop? why do you want to run 2003 on it?

Hi,

I use windows server 2003 as my main os on my main machine, I have just aquired a laptop and I am wondering about installing server 2003 on it aswell. However, i need to no if it will cope ok with it, or whether I'm better off with 2000 Pro.

Specs:

Intel Celeron 600MHZ

192MB RAM

12GB HDD

CD Rom Drive

I have drivers for the machine for Server 2003, just not sure whether it'll be quick and responsive in use, like 2000 is.

Any opinions / help are greatly appreciate.

Thanks

HougTimo

Go with Win 2000 Pro 'cause this lapotop is obsolete for Win2003. Why would you like to install Server OS on a laptop anyway? :unsure:

Edited by N1K