Windows Live™ Messenger beta

alsiladka

• 1 month later...

is there a way i can continue to use msnmsgr 7.5 along with wlm?
nope, WLMe is an update for Msn 7.5! You cant still use win xp SP1 when you upgrade to SP2 can you? No, Its the same thing :) Edited by wolf74481

Despite enabling displaying my contacts' pictures in the options, I still have no pictures of my contacts displayed on my Contacts List.

The only times I can see their pictures is either by viewing their contact cards or in the duscussion window when chatting with them.

Anyone else have the same problem??

nope, WLMe is an update for Msn 7.5! You cant still use win xp SP1 when you upgrade to SP2 can you? No, Its the same thing

Well i did not pay attention to this before ,

You can run both of them simultaneously , Very very simpe step -

Install 7.5 , copy the folder , install WLMe.

Now run any of them by opening the executable :)

Well i did not pay attention to this before ,

You can run both of them simultaneously , Very very simpe step -

Install 7.5 , copy the folder , install WLMe.

Now run any of them by opening the executable :)

i suppose that would work, ur always thinking ;)

Despite enabling displaying my contacts' pictures in the options, I still have no pictures of my contacts displayed on my Contacts List.

The only times I can see their pictures is either by viewing their contact cards or in the duscussion window when chatting with them.

Anyone else have the same problem??

Yeah, I have the same problem.

Anyway, the general impression seems nice, cool filesharing feature (when it will be useable), however I had a few problems with messages not being delivered, but it's not like it's a major problem. I would wish there was a like a "Resend" button though.

Cheers :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It might just be me but after installing 8.0.0683 Branches release all the sounds in WLM got screwy if not vanishing. I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled 8.0.0566 and it still has no sounds. Never had this problem before.

Pros:

1. GUI colours are far better [not so **** bright] and it's crisper

2. Status icons are definitely better and there is once again a 'blocked' icon

Cons:

1. GUI looks more boxy to me than 8.0.0566

2. I noticed an oddity while PM'ing people. If you space messages too close together they don't get

a new timestamp. They just get appended to the previous message display. I don't know if the

party on the other end sees it this way as well but for me it was very very annoying

3. Apparently this messed up the WLM sounds on my system. Now I have NO sounds at all. *sigh*

4. Sounds in WLM are now WMA files (ie new message, new mail, contact online, etc). I hate WMA. But, at least you can still browse to whatever sound file you wish to use (ie old WAV files).

rotjong

Edited by rotjong