Windows Live™ Messenger beta

alsiladka

Windows Live™ Messenger beta

See. Hear. Share. Instantly.

What it is

Windows Live Messenger will be the next-generation MSN Messenger. It will have everything you already love about Messenger—your contact list, emoticons, and instant access to your friends via text, voice, and video—plus new ways to connect and share documents with almost magical ease. As always, it will be free to download Messenger and use most of its features.

What you will be able to do with it

• Send all your familiar winks and emoticons, plus some cool new ones

• Have real-time text, video and voice conversations*

• Call your friends' mobile or land-line telephones by signing up for MCI Web Calling to make affordable domestic and international calls

• Easily share documents of all kinds with Sharing Folders

• Make free PC-to-PC calls with other Messenger users

*Both parties must have compatible Web cameras, speakers, and microphones.

System Requirements

• Multimedia PC

• Pentium 233 MHz process (500 MHz recommended)

• Microsoft Windows XP

• Minimum 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended)

• Up to 50 MB of hard disk space for installation, 15 MB to run the program.

• Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 SP1 or later must be installed on your computer, though it does not need to be your default.

• Minimum 800 x 600 screen resolution

This is an better thread to discuss Windows Live Messenger

NO REQUEST FOR INVITES PLEASE. MODS IF YOU FIND ANY PLEASE REMOVE THOSE. THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR DISCUSSION.

Every tester can post his review over here. We would like to know how it is!!!

Edited by alsiladka

for some odd reason, it sounds like msn messenger. all i see is a new way to share photos and documents..... if someone could enlighten me about this, it would be helpful.

Here is the blog! Keep tabs on it and you will see all the new features in WLM

honestly the only MAIN diff is the UI, and the contact list!

Edited by wolf7448

for some odd reason, it sounds like msn messenger. all i see is a new way to share photos and documents..... if someone could enlighten me about this, it would be helpful.

Its just the next build of MSN Messenger :) only thing is they changed the name

Its just the next build of MSN Messenger :) only thing is they changed the name

yep that pretty much it ;)

so u mean like a scam to make regular users who are not in the technology loop upgrade to this becuase they think its a completely new program?

hehe had to day it :P:whistle:

[edit]

after checking the blog, these new features will be completely useless to me becuase all i need is a list of online/offline, and webcam/audio/file transfer support.

Edited by sven

[edit]

after checking the blog, these new features will be completely useless to me becuase all i need is a list of online/offline, and webcam/audio/file transfer support.

Me too! :thumbup Thats why I use Miranda! :D

Started using it only today , have to say the UI sucks. Dont know what made them go after this UI. Did anyone like it? looks so bulky and yucks..... has not got any great new feature as well!!!! lets hope they go for a complete revamp!!!

i wonder where i can submit bugs.... its not a biggy or a bug but when you have a conversation with someone it still displays they old messenger icon in the taskbar instead of the new icon.

in windows live messenger go, help>submit feedback and thats it!