Just got invited to Windows Live email

suryad

well, if its an improvement to hotmail, then they might be able to get people from gmail back. depending on how its made. i still dont think, unless they make it amazingly good, that i will change back to msn or hotmail.

Been using it for a while now, and it is a major improvement to the old hotmail interface (which didnt suck either :P ).

Less graphics to load, a 'preview pane' like outlook, so you can read your mail on the same page as the inbox, and right-clicking brings up email related options menu instead of the default IE one. The whole thing looks cleaner and more like an email client. You can drag and drop emails from inbox to a folder etc, and it includes a calendar (seems to be based on the outlook 'tasks' system).

It's still a _lot_ slower that gmail, and the interface is clunkier, but it is better than before, and a few errors and halts appear from time to time.

It's still in beta, so give it time. My primary email is gmail though, and I cant see this replacing it.

SP.

I must admit that I don't like it. I was recently invited to open a mail account on megamyths-co-uk and it has the best web mail interface so far..It looks like Microsoft Outlook 2003 interface..

Screenshot

Edited by N1K

I must admit that I don't like it. I was recently invited to open a mail account on megamyths-co-uk and it has the best web mail interface so far..It looks like Microsoft Outlook 2003 interface..

is that a web app? :w00t:

Edited by wolf7448

• 5 weeks later...

I am getting used to the interface I must say. I guess you just need to give it a bit of time! Not too bad. Lets hope people take off the ridiculous 10 mb email attachment limits. I like sending full res pics from my DSLR and a bunch at a time instead of resizing them and so on.