DirectX - multiple graphic accelerators

tonezbonez

I have a game called SBK2000. Its meant for 95/98 which is I guess why it doesnt work on my machine which is 2000. I have directx9.

I tried to get it to work round my gf house but it was REAL slow. shes got dx9 too now.

So i tried to use my voodoo II accelerator which was lying about but its not detected properly in DirectX but I think is happy as larry from a driver point of view (used the oem cd).

I tried to run dx install again, I think it found the card as a 2nd display, but didnt make no diff to the game.

I ran the dxsetup again actually, and the voodoo display dissapeared (driver seemed to load fine though).

I presumed this is a problem with there being two displays. I think because one of them, is the agp card which is a 4mb something like a diamond stealth 3d 2000 or something (its naff). When i tried the game with this alone it was really naff, you could see it refresh every sec....

So my dileamma....I have a virge card, which i could always put in as the primary display, and then see if i get the voodoo2 finally working with directx (which obciously aint happy for some reason).

Or I give up with it and put in a swappable disk into my computer, so I can run up 98 just so I can play this game!!!

I wanted to see if GF computer could run games tho, as its not a bad piece of kit - an old AMD 1100 unit which I decided to give her.

Is it worth the hassle ????.....oh Im so persistant, comes from being in IT.

ToneZ

Well first off, do yourself a favor and get a decent agp vid card. You can get a Geforce Mx for under 60 bucks. that will help wth the frame rate issues.

As for running it in 2000, make sure you have the most recent Service packs and updates, that should help with compatability.

=Drew