Total Commander keyboard shortcut

N1K

1. move your cursor in the filelist to the top item (i.e, the two dots)

2. press f2

And there you go, :D !

Well, if you don't know how to help and you don't know the answer please refrain from posting..thx

1. move your cursor in the filelist to the top item (i.e, the two dots)

2. press f2

And there you go, :D !

Well, if you don't know how to help and you don't know the answer please refrain from posting..thx

First, I want to appologize. It's my mistake that I forgot "F2" is set to "cm_renameonly" in my TC to be consist with windows shortcuts. So, for you, try Shift+F6 please. Also see attachment.

Second, according to your picture, you might also need to check "Show parent dir also in root of drive" (located in Configuration dialog > Display), which has the same effect with adding ShowParentDirInRoot=0 to [configuration] section of wincmd.ini

Third, I just thought you might also interested in "InplaceRenamePath" in wincmd.ini, see here for details.

And at last, don't be so harsh, after all, I'm trying to help. If there is any fault, please point it out.

post-74904-1136498711_thumb.png

First, I want to appologize. It's my mistake that I forgot "F2" is set to "cm_renameonly" in my TC to be consist with windows shortcuts. So, for you, try Shift+F6 please. Also see attachment.

This is working, but only if I'm not positioned in the root of the drive...but your next sentence gives a total answer. :thumbup

Second, according to your picture, you might also need to check "Show parent dir also in root of drive" (located in Configuration dialog > Display), which has the same effect with adding ShowParentDirInRoot=0 to [configuration] section of wincmd.ini
That's it! It works like a champ!
Third, I just thought you might also interested in "InplaceRenamePath" in wincmd.ini, see here for details.

Thx for this useful link.. :)

And at last, don't be so harsh, after all, I'm trying to help. If there is any fault, please point it out.

I do aplologize, I thought you were just foolin' around B) Thank You very much KevinMo, you gave me the answer I needed! :thumbup

• 2 years later...
post-29679-1136378821_thumb.jpg

I would like to know if it's possible to use keyboard shortcut to position cursor in this field shown on the picture attached...?

Thx in advance..

After long time wonder like you, how to use shortcut same as windows (F6 or Alt+D) to type the path/url. I found your topic then finally found the way to do. It very simple but I haven't known until now. See the attached file

post-45547-1217908137_thumb.png

Edited by matrixv