Total Commander keyboard shortcut

N1K

you can move the selection to buttons, fields etc by using TAB when the window is active.

..if your looking to physically move the mouse cursor, I think AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3) might be of some use, particulary the MouseMove command.

Thx for the reply, but what I ment was, for example, I'm browsing through file system in Total Commander, files, folders etc. and now I want to connect to a network share which is not mapped, so I need to position myself in the UNC field shown in the picture with a keyboard shortcut to be able to write the path..I can postion myself with the mouse, but I would like to do it mouseless 'cause every other thing can be done through keyboard shortcuts...

post-29679-1136378821_thumb.jpg

I would like to know if it's possible to use keyboard shortcut to position cursor in this field shown on the picture attached...?

Thx in advance..

keep pressing tab until its highlighted and then press the right aarow key

you can move the selection to buttons, fields etc by using TAB when the window is active.

You're probably using FAT32 instead NTFS. If that doesn't help, try writing vb script.

..if your looking to physically move the mouse cursor, I think AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3) might be of some use, particulary the MouseMove command.

Thx for the reply, but what I ment was, for example, I'm browsing through file system in Total Commander, files, folders etc. and now I want to connect to a network share which is not mapped, so I need to position myself in the UNC field shown in the picture with a keyboard shortcut to be able to write the path..I can postion myself with the mouse, but I would like to do it mouseless 'cause every other thing can be done through keyboard shortcuts...

keep pressing tab until its highlighted and then press the right aarow key

Thx for reply but ur solution positions me to location shown on the picture, and typing the network location there windows explorer opens in typed location...

post-29679-1136405048_thumb.jpg

I can only give you half the answer...

Well you can use a program like HoeKey which allows you to map Winkey combinations to virtually anything in windows. Including performing functions within an application. You can probably map it to take focus on any area you want, but you'll need to find out the message code to do so.

There might be applications that let you sniff out app messages, but your smartest bet is to contact the support and ask them what message you need to have the control take focus.

It's an awesome app too, appears to be written in Assembly and uses a mere 128k of ram! I use it as an easy way to pause WinAmp quickly, since people often walk up to me at work.

OH I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING, try f4

I'm grateful for ur reply and help, but I wonder, have you ever used Total Commander and tried ur suggestions before u post them :yes:

Well you can use a program like HoeKey which allows you to map Winkey combinations to virtually anything in windows. Including performing functions within an application. You can probably map it to take focus on any area you want, but you'll need to find out the message code to do so.

There might be applications that let you sniff out app messages, but your smartest bet is to contact the support and ask them what message you need to have the control take focus.

It's an awesome app too, appears to be written in Assembly and uses a mere 128k of ram! I use it as an easy way to pause WinAmp quickly, since people often walk up to me at work.

I would like to use it without some third party app like the one u suggested, if it isn't possible that it ain't matter.

Thx anyway mate :)

OH I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING, try f4

I'm grateful for ur reply and help, but I wonder, have you ever used Total Commander and tried ur suggestions before u post them :yes:

I would like to use it without some third party app like the one u suggested, if it isn't possible that it ain't matter.

Thx anyway mate :)

nope :D

@wolf7448

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.

And people please stay on topic.

O.T. (Dobrodosli na MSFN)

@wolf7448

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.

And people please stay on topic.

O.T. (Dobrodosli na MSFN)

sry i realized it right after i wrote it, i wasent thinking