internet explorer 7

wolf7448

internet explorer 7  

148 members have voted

1. 1. ...like it or hate it?

• love it
    • like it
    • hate it

I installed IE7 B2 and I have to say that Microsoft has taken too many cues from Firefox. In fact they've taken all the stuff that made me ditch Firefox for Maxthon. When will these people understand that I want to modify the toolbar layout to my own liking? That I want to be able to make the tabs behave how I like it?

So anyway, now I'm running Maxthon on top of IE7. Sometimes I think Microsoft should just license Maxthon and concentrate their efforts on the underpinnings like the rendering engine, security, etc. Because nothing they'll do will ever result in a browser interface as nice and as flexible as Maxthon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Like it" with a "but". It keeps on losing my cookies and I have to continually login, sometimes twice in the one session for one site. In fact I am considering uninstalling it until improvements are made. It is also slow to open a page even though it has it downloaded.

But it has loads of potential and I do favour it over IE6. :thumbup

• 7 months later...

The first impression I got was like a really bad cooking recipe:

Take IE6, throw in some firefox functionality and at the top of that, facelift the crap out of it = IE7

It's like most of the new games nowadays: Zero focus on the game experience, which in my opinion is the main priority, and instead a lot of eye candy.

Edited by Marthax

I had I.E. 7 on my flash drive for a while before finally installing it.

The only reason I did that, was because so many "Experts" said it added some security, etc., to XP.

But I don't even use it as a browser. Probably never will either, as Firefox 2.0 with the I.E. Tab plugin does everything I want or need.

So I too needed another option in the Poll.....like "I really don't give a Shxx!" (darn) :whistle:

Oh well, different strokes for different folks. That's why we have several different Browsers to choose from.

Right? :yes:

B)