[Help] - Pinstripe Stationery

rickcremer

I was deleting a program using Window's Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs> feature. I did that OK but in the process noticed a large installed "program" called "Pinstripe Stationery."

Control Panel shows it as currently installed as Pinstripe Stationery and it's 4,095.00 MB in size. That's a large file. Clicking on Support Information gets the following:

Publisher Microsoft Corp.

Version: 1.0.0.0

I searched my C: Drive using Explorer for such a directory or file but found nothing. I searched Microsoft's Knowledge base and also came up empty handed. Ditto a Google search of the Internet.

Does anyone know what this "program" is and whether it can be safely deleted? I've not tried uninstalling it yet until I know more about it. I'm running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Control Panel shows it as currently installed as Pinstripe Stationery and it's 4,095.00 MB in size. That's a large file. Clicking on Support Information gets the following:

i would go ahead and do a virusscan and a spyware scan if it doesnt find ur "pinstripe stationary" then just go ahead and delete it, such a hudge file it uses up too much system resources!, i googled pinstripe stationary and found this, but i dont think thats it, as u posted it in the win xp catagory! But ya, go ahead and get rid of it!

Edited by wolf7448

*only do this if you know what you're doing..*

check the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

go through each item and look for the one that matches, then check the paths that you see in there and cleanup from there. then delete the SUBFOLDER for it.