NAV corp issue

:) I agree totally - if it installed in the first place, why not now? It's a "baffler"

apperently symantec ARE aware of the issue and working on it - but the point is - they should have tested properly first then releasing it, or at least providing a work around for someone in this situation.

Bugs bugs bugs... Where did you find this out? Link please? :}

ok i cant find it :( so, what now? I hope someone can tell me whats going on.

going to give it one last shot installing it in safe mode

*update* cannot install it in safe mode (Windows installer rejects it as its in safe mode)

Edited by spapps

sorry to "bump" the thread up but anyone have any ideas? any small or big suggestions? :)

i am really interested in this problem but it is also frustrating on norton not telling me exactly why it failed this time round.

Not sure if you have fixed this problem yet since it has been a few days, but I did notice only one thing that could cause an error during the install. Could it be that with the firewall turned on this could be blocking something in the install process.

true but if that was the case then the firewall would come up to say that its blocked a program and if i want to unblock it.

as well as this - the firewall was on before and it installed fine

believe it or not i got infected with the malware again! I had to reformat and re-install everything, again, and this time for some reason the norton corp installed fine!

Wierd! And that was WITH the firewall enabled

I had trouble installing NAV CE on a laptop just like you did. It turned out that the MS Anti-spyware software was blocking the installation.

If you do have a worm, get rid of that first. Next, disable all anti-spyware. Then, try installing NAV.

Hope that helps!