"iTunes vs. Winamp...?"

TheBlackMan

I have removed WMP 9 and leave the old WMP 6.4 with nLite. Winamp gives me this error:

winamperror8dv.jpg

I have tryed iTunes. Nice interface, but installs too many thinks. I don't want Quick Time, do not need eMusic shop, CD burning tool, ripper... I just want to play music files. It's little sux to set manually album cover. Will be better if iTunes can found it into music folder and show it automaticly like a foobar2000. And finally if I must make a choise between Winamp and iTunes I will prefer Winamp.

Is Winamp not capable of playing video files? If it could, then it would be my primary and only player, since there is an Ipod plugin and it has a media library, not to mention its incredibly low memory usage compared to just about everything else. However, in my experience in trying to make Winamp as versatile as MPC, I haven't been successful. My players are primarily WMP 9 + Nero Burning Rom plugin and MPC 6.4.8.7 + K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

As travis says, it's fully capable. I find winamp 2.9x with the "VID4WA" plugin works great as it also supports DVD playback extentions such as subtitles and language selection.