"iTunes vs. Winamp...?"

TheBlackMan

• 2 weeks later...

10x for the link, DigeratiPrime!

I am using Winamp 5 Lite and foobar2000. I am sick from Winamp full. It's very slowly when start, use a lot of memory and wants to have installed WMP. I dont have WMP and Winamp doesnt want to start. I must copy wmasf.dll to Winamp dir to start it..... sux......

I still didn't try iTunes.

Is Winamp not capable of playing video files? If it could, then it would be my primary and only player, since there is an Ipod plugin and it has a media library, not to mention its incredibly low memory usage compared to just about everything else. However, in my experience in trying to make Winamp as versatile as MPC, I haven't been successful. My players are primarily WMP 9 + Nero Burning Rom plugin and MPC 6.4.8.7 + K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

Yes WinAmp 5 can play video files, by default it does try to steal some of your video extensions. You can enable them all during installation.

BTW, I use WinAmp for music and WMP for video, I prefer to use the best app for the job. One good reason to NOT use WMP or iTunes for music playing is that both players rewrite your ID tags in your music files everytime you play a song. While it isn't really a speed issue but if you just happen to be sharing this music over BitTorrent, you can't share rewritten files as their signature is different.

For me WinAmp 2.91 +Shibatch123 input plugin & directshow32bit output plugin, audio formats only

MPC & VLC for video

WMP completely removed from my system.

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra - no applefruit in my house! :P

Winamp anyday. I hate Ipods and I hate Itunes.

i here you. i use winamp and vlc

...and another vote :whistle::yes:

:)

its not that i hate only ipods, its that i hate headphones, therefore i hate any mp3 player/cd player. this is because most headphones just sound like crap and the sound cards on stuff is crap too. i love listening to my sterio, its only 2 speakers right now but at least it sounds way better than headphones. i do plan on getting myself some new spekers someday soon: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836121120