Is Windows a Virus?

sven

Im really sick of all the anti-windows jokes! And one thing that has really been getting on my nerves for the last couple of months its the use of M$ to refer to Microsoft!

I like the anti-windows jokes, because in all honesty most windows jokes are politically correct... Same goes for Linux and MacOS :) and the M$ thing has been used for years!!

• 10 months later...
it just doenst make sense, use nlite and ur problems are gone

Same here. I fail to see any humour in this.

1.They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
Haven't seen windows install itself onto other PCs on it's own... Windows doesn't do that at all.
2.Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.

You could esentially say all software does that to an extent. Windows really isn't that bad at all.

3.Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.
I haven't seen that happen even once in the last... 5 years at least (and we've got thousands of PCs at work). That's like the old "Windows BSODs every 5 minutes" tired jokes.
4.Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. - Sigh.. Windows does that, too.

Eh? Windows embeds a full WinXP iso in other processes or something? This one ain't making any sense at all...

5.Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. - Yup, Windows does that, too.

Hardly. Games is what makes most people upgrade - oh no, games are viruses?

I completely fail to see what was meant to be funny... Altogether.

• 3 weeks later...