[Help] - Xp logoff problem

sven

Windows xp home pc, last format 10 months ago.

I am having problems logging off of my computer lately. When i select log off, sometimes it does it, other it just sits there and does nothing. i can log out if i run a program and have force applications to close selected. is there a way i can find out what is causing this to happen?

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Windows xp home pc, last format 10 months ago.

I am having problems logging off of my computer lately. When i select log off, sometimes it does it, other it just sits there and does nothing. i can log out if i run a program and have force applications to close selected. is there a way i can find out what is causing this to happen?

Programs can choose to stop a shutdown, logoff, or standby, now if u want to force a shutdown/logoff (and show your computer whoes boss :lol: ) Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and go ahead and under the "shutdown" menu choose ither, shutdown, logoff, standby, etc.

hope that helps

Install UPHClean (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en), and it will tell you what it had to force closed to get the user to log off or the machine to shut down in the event log.

Just so you are aware, these are usually caused by antivirus/antispyware programs or (surprise) print drivers...