[Desktops] 2006

PNG is much better for screenshots since it does not alter colors and shapes like JPEG but it's also much bigger : my screenshot weights 1.6MB with Paint and 1.1MB when compressed with IrfanView, highest compression.

there's a new format called JPEG2000 which has support for lossless compression. it also compresses files MUCH MUCH better than PNG. an average screenshot with advanced doo-hickeys is about 900KB while with PNG you get 1.5-2MB. it's kinda sad that it's not widely supported though.

PNG is much better for screenshots since it does not alter colors and shapes like JPEG but it's also much bigger : my screenshot weights 1.6MB with Paint and 1.1MB when compressed with IrfanView, highest compression.

there's a new format called JPEG2000 which has support for lossless compression. it also compresses files MUCH MUCH better than PNG. an average screenshot with advanced doo-hickeys is about 900KB while with PNG you get 1.5-2MB. it's kinda sad that it's not widely supported though.

Using IE here. :D

@pS- I really like the color scale on your desk. :wub:

@prankst3r, your desk is also really nice. Simple and 'quiet'. Aren't you using an alternate shell ? :)

thnx pS- for the link, although i couldnt get it to work with yz toolbar or rklauncher. ill keep playing around with it to see if i can get it.

Edited by Cygnus