2 error messages on MUI uA Install?

hey guyz

I had 2 error messages along with failing to install the MUI, while when I installed it manually i got the same 2 errors but had success to change the interface

however, this is my cmdlines may clarify what's wrong I did

and how do i know which SP is my MUI files? coz I got XPSP2+RyanVMized+Nlited+Xpized

[COMMANDS]
"useraccounts.cmd"
"muisetup.exe /i 0401 /d 0401 /l /f /r /s"
"RunOnceEx.cmd"

my needs are an Arabic interface from the first boot, TIA

I found PCHDT_W3.CA_ in the original windows CD, and it's 2.5 MBs

also HELPSVC.EX_ seems for the Help & Support Services (Crap!)

anyway, definitly I removed the crap HELP by nlite but is it required for MUI Installation?!

and even though I re-add these 2 files from my original windows CD, still got the same 2 erros

first error

119by.jpg

second error

224uj.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
hey guyz

I had 2 error messages along with failing to install the MUI, while when I installed it manually i got the same 2 errors but had success to change the interface

however, this is my cmdlines may clarify what's wrong I did

and how do i know which SP is my MUI files? coz I got XPSP2+RyanVMized+Nlited+Xpized

Ahhhh this took me awhile to iron out as well but it finally works perfect everytime...

First off, the command.txt seems to like it if you call a batch file instead of running straight from the file, therefore you should try making a file called MUI-setup.cmd and use the following code in it...

FOR /F "TOKENS=3" %%1 IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "SourcePath" ^| FINDSTR "SourcePath"') DO SET INSTALLCD=%%~dI
%INSTALLCD%\_MUI-SETUP\MUISETUP.exe /i 0401 /d 0401 /l /f /r /s

exit

Your next step should be to put everythign you need in to the _MUI-Setup folder

_MUI-Setup\
| XXX.MUI\ <-- This should be your MUI Language File
| | I386\
| | (All the files in this directory)
|
| EULA.TXT
| MUI.INF
| MUI.tx_
| MUISETUP.EXE
| MUISETUP.GID
| MUISETUP.HLP
| README.TXT
| RELNOTES.TXT
|___

Now reference your MUI-Setup.cmd file in to cmdlines.txt as the first thing to be installed

[COMMANDS]
"MUI-SETUP.cmd"
(anythign else)

Now when you nLite the CD, make sure that you you take special note as there are two thing that should not be uninstalled if you are goign to use an MUI...I believe one of them is the CHM files and maybe the help files.....sorry I can't remember off the top of my head, but I do know there is a note of it when you select the item (says somethign along the lines of do not install if you plan to use a MUI)

Anyway, you can remove pretty much everything out of the LANG folder except for your language or any other files that might be needed in there by you.

After that it should install ok for you....I have done this with nlite+RyanVM 2.0.1+xpsize with no problems thus far.

OK. Here is the russian MUI for Windows XP. For other languages you can do the same way (it's very simple). It integrates as hotfix with nLite (and RVM integrator).

http://rapidshare.de/files/11864641/MUI.part1.rar.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/11864874/MUI.part2.rar.html

You can download MUI packs at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

They say that those packs are for Windows XP Embedded. But as I remember they also suites Windows XP Pro and Home.

To integrate MUI clearly you should not delete with nLite following components:

Network|Internet Explorer

Operating System Options|Help

OK. Here is the russian MUI for Windows XP. For other languages you can do the same way (it's very simple). It integrates as hotfix with nLite (and RVM integrator).

Could you explain how you build a package for your own language. Nobody except Russian will be interested by your MUI package: tools used (7zip, cabarc...) and scripts.

I'm not very familiar with using packages built by others and prefer 'do it yourself method' if i find detailled infos (how to).

Edited by Bilou_Gateux

OK.

1. We are speaking about Windows XP Pro SP2 (Home edition officially does not support MUI, but in fact it can be used, SP2 - just because I'm using it and tested it).

There are two technics to translate windows interface, MUI (Multilingual User Interface) and LIP (Language Interface Pack). With MUI every user can choose his own language, and LIP translates the whole system for everyone. So we are speaking about MUI.

2. Great help is http://www.xpmuirus.narod.ru (but it is in russian).

3. You should get MUI for your language:

1) It's on your Windows disk.

2) You can download all official Microsoft MUI packs, see attachment (more than 4Gb).

3) You can make MUI pack yourself:

- download appropriate pack from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

- download tool for converting http://xpmuirus.narod.ru/files/muitrans_uni.zip

- put both files in one folder and unzip "muitrans_uni.zip"

- in file "muitrans_uni.cmd" edit variable string "set MUI_LANG=GER" (change GER to your language, your language short name mentioned in first file name you downloaded from Microsoft)

- after that just run "muitrans_uni.cmd", and your MUI pack will be compiled in MUI_XP folder.

4. If you have your MUI pack than archive it to a self extracting exe (extracting to temporary folder) which should launch after extraction "muisetup.exe /i 0419 /d 0419 /l /f /r /s" (change every 0419 for your language number).

5. Thats all. Now you can put your file as hotfix by hands or make an addon for nLite:

1) Create a folder put in it file "ENTRIES_MUI.ini" (see attachment)

2) create there a new folder called "SVCPACK"

3) Rename yours self-extracting file with MUI to "MUI.exe"

4) Change descriptions in file "ENTRIES_MUI.ini" (it is not realy nessesary)

5) Compress folder "SVCPACK" and file "ENTRIES_MUI.ini" to cab archive.

You've done it.

ENTRIES_MUI.INI

torrent.rar

Edited by AltTeo

Windows XP MUI is available for volume license customers only and not available for retail. I imagine converting Embedded MUI to XP MUI violates the EULA. In such a case, there's no difference whether you obtain Windwos XP MUI from the sources other than MS or convert the Embedded MUI.