TClock3 beta available for the bave...but need hosting

WildBill

Okay, now we might be getting somewhere. In the Tray/Clock Fill tab, set the fill style to "Skin tray" and apply it. If that doesn't do anything, in the Format tab try checking the Custom checkbox and putting h:nn tt in the edit field (though I don't think that's the problem).

When I coded it I designed it so that "Skin tray" would be the expected setting. When I set the fill style in the Tray/Clock Fill tab to "Skin clock" my clock disappears, so I'm thinking that setting it to "Skin tray" might have an effect. :whistle:

Also, in the Tray/Clock Fill tab I have the edge settings set to 4, 4, 10, 13 for Left, Right, Top, Bottom, respectively, but this is highly dependent on the skin you use. The numbers represent the edges of the skin that aren't stretched (whereas the middle portion is). TClock3 doesn't support tiling yet, but it will be added eventually if I can find the time.

SWEET! Okay, important tip: check "Custom" and put h:nn tt in the edit field (though I suspect that entering anything would do). One thing I'll have to look into is see why using custom is so important. There are two registry entries where the format string goes and maybe I'm looking at the wrong one.

Pretty cool being able to have a Vista-like toolbar in Win2k, huh? :lol:

Edited by WildBill

I'm working on a setting that will truly hide the taskbar resizing border as it is in Vista, so that maximized windows will extend flush with the taskbar while allowing the taskbar to still be resizeable. It's partially there...I only need to get the numbers right so it paints properly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TClock3 0.1.7 is now available here:

• Better support for different clock text formats (you shouldn't have to use the "Custom" format setting to get the clock to show)
  • Under FullSkinning --> TaskBar there is a checkbox to hide the sizing bar. This really does hide it (actually makes the taskbar a bit smaller and renders over it) so you can get it to disappear and have maximized windows appear flush with it.

RapidUpload tends to get flaky so if anyone can mirror this I would appreciate it...

Hey, just wondering if anyone has had time to play with 0.1.7 yet and how it's been treating you. I've been looking around the net and saw that 0.1.5 was crashing for some people and I'm wondering if 0.1.7 works any better for you. Any feedback at all would be appreciated, since it helps me improve the program...

Edited by WildBill

• 1 month later...

Please try it again. I just tried it and it downloaded ok.

I still work on this program from time to time (it's not dead). I'm testing a 0.2.0 that fixes some display bugs, but it isn't quite ready yet.

Given the per pixel trans, this would be col to run in XP also. But every time I try to open the properties dialog, Tclock3 gives me an error (index out of bounds(0)) and then crashes the taskbar. :( I don't know if this is because it's reading something wrong in the registry(I have Tclock2 settings there) or not.

I know this was meant for W2K, but I thought I'd let you know of this error I was getting. Anyway, it does look quite awesome in the screenies.

Keep up the good work,

Two_toNe

hey wildbill, great software :D

i installed w2ksp4 in a virtual pc and tried it on that and it worked perfectly. ill post some screenshots later on today, im going out soon to do a few things, then when i get back im going on a driving lesson lol.

anyway, if you need a mirror for the program, email it to me, and ill host it on my website. and if you want a html document with some info on the program, like a screenshot or two and a description of it, let me know. im willing to host it for ya :)

email me if your interested

-regards, cygnus

Edited by Cygnus

TClock 0.2.0 is now uploaded. It's available for download here:

- Improved rendering, especially when the sizing bar is turned off under Full Skinning --> Taskbar.

- If you add new toolbars to the taskbar with the standard taskbar menu, they will be skinned (you don't have to close and restart TClock3 anymore).

- Added some options to the Desktop tab. You can now have drop-shadows under the icon text on the desktop.

- Better handling of desktop icon text, works when ActiveDesktop is on or off.

- Included an extra DLL called tclock3_logging.dll. If you experience problems, please back up the existing tclock3.dll and rename the tclock3_logging.dll to tclock3.dll, then restart the program. It will create a text file called tclock3_dll_log.txt that should help me diagnose the problem. The file is usually created in your Documents and Settings\(username) folder, but if you don't find it there just search for tclock3*.txt...

Cygnus: any help with mirroring would be sorely appreciated :) RapidUpload is an easy way for me to get the file on the net, but it tends to fall over pretty easily.

Edited by WildBill