About "diskpart" command :<

wing_bbs

I want to WinXp automatically change the partition size and format it according diskpart.script.

I know how to use diskpart, but something that put the diskpart in where completely confused me. For

instance, put it in unattended.sif or make a bat file and execute it before Text mode?

Pls help me, thx :wacko:

This is more of an unattended windows question rather than a RIS question. You'll get much better responses in that forum for this particular topic. For a thread detailing the use of diskpart and unattended windows installation, you can start by reading the following:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t13271.html

it does a very in depth tutorial on how to implement diskpart into unattended windows installs. Note, you'll have to have a working knowledge of either BartPE or WinPE as the install must be initiated from one of those environments to employ scripted diskpart operations. There is no support in WINNT32.EXE for scripted disk formatting.

Thank u a lot.

I've read the article, but still no any information about "How to use diskpart.exe under RIS".

What am I really need to know is that What time windows will execute diskpart.exe?

In my mind, I think Windows ought to execute diskpart.exe before it read *.sif file.