[HELP] Active Desktop enabling

LadyAngelEyes

Hi all,

I need to enable active desktop. Actually, I need to set a HTML file as my background, but ... :)

Anyway, I'm not getting the "web" tab in the display properties. I've searched the knowledge base, googled and gone through the local XP help, but all I get told is to see the help on "Enable Active Desktop" which I just cannot find.

I have checked through the services to see if it was a service but can't find anything. I have tried making all my icons into links to see if that would force it. I've tried setting a .jpg as a background (that works) to see if that gave me a web tab.

I have tried to just set the page as an object on the desktop using the right click menu in IE and it told me it did it. I then tried to set it again and it told me to use the "web" tab in the display area to delete the one already saved.

The only problem with that is that the tab still isn't there.

Please, please tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks for any and all help.

Angel

Open Windows explorer and locate the folder the html file is in, right click the file, drag it to the desktop and release the mouse button, you get a drop down menu. One of the options is "Create Active Desktop Items Here". Click on it and it should prompt you to Add an active desktop item to your desktop. Click yes and voila! :thumbup

Edited by Chris.Casey

Thanks guys.

Chris: I tried the right click drag from My docs (where the file is) and the only things I got on the drop down were Copy Here, Move Here, Create Shortcuts Here and Cancel. Nothing about Active Desktop. :(

And SunDance: no, I don't get a web tab in Display Properties>Desktop>CustomizeDesktop at all. I only get one tab. The knowledgebase says this is caused by Active Desktop not being enabled, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to enable it.

Angel