Slow torrent downloads

hakeem5454

what do u mean by demilitarize internet access from your router?

and ive tried some torrents on my dads computer and they turn out fast.. so it is something to do with my router.

when i used the torrents with just my dsl modem they worked fine too

what do u mean by demilitarize internet access from your router?

and ive tried some torrents on my dads computer and they turn out fast.. so it is something to do with my router.

when i used the torrents with just my dsl modem they worked fine too

DMZ Host setting on your router.

Torrents depend on seeders. The more seeders there are, the faster your file will download. If there aren't many seeders, then you get slow speeds.

Torrents depend on seeders. The more seeders there are, the faster your file will download. If there aren't many seeders, then you get slow speeds.

That's not entirely accurate, it depends mostly on the peers/leechers. I have got 115 KB/s from a 0 seed torrent before and there were several peers.

what client are you using? your best bet is to tweak the network/torrent/connection settings in the client.

in µTorrent, increasing the value in net.max_halfopen to 20, and patching your tcpip(.sys?) to something around 75 will help.

also, this may just be a crazy theory, but try configuring your connection settings in multiples of 8

say, like this:

untitled1psd2cy.gif