Customize Error Messages

Chris1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can (and if so how) to change the 'This page cannot be displayed error message' in Internet Explorer. I can find instructions on how to add a customised 404 error message page to a web server but not how to change the local page in IE. Basically, situation is remote offices trying to access our corporate systems, fairly often experience DSL connection problems due to a fault on their router. When the connection is down, it would be great if the user could then be presented with a customised page showing them the best checks to complete to regain connection themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can (and if so how) to change the 'This page cannot be displayed error message' in Internet Explorer. I can find instructions on how to add a customised 404 error message page to a web server but not how to change the local page in IE. Basically, situation is remote offices trying to access our corporate systems, fairly often experience DSL connection problems due to a fault on their router. When the connection is down, it would be great if the user could then be presented with a customised page showing them the best checks to complete to regain connection themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

rte_dots.gifFirst off, its simple, just get internet explorer to show it and copy what you see in the address bar into windows explorer and modify the file

Seccond off, this has nothing to do with Windows NT4/2000/2003 and should be moved to the Software hangoutrte_dots.gif