Microsoft's Virtual CD-ROM Free Utility

tempuser

Microsoft released Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.0.1.1, a utility for Windows XP that allows you to create a virtual CD-ROM drive on your computer. This is especially helpful if you have a library of ISO images. If you are a Virtual PC fan, this utility will come in very handy considering you cannot use DVD ISO images within the Virtual PC software.

i will be back with the switch in a few minutes.

Nice find , But what switches are you reffering to? It's not an installer .

A command line version VCdControlTool.exe would be nice (does it work as a command line tool as well?) , then you could add those to context menus when pointing at iso's or the virtual drive itself.

Cheers for the heads up.

Someone could opt for making an nLite add-on that does all of this for you, or a sfx-archive, or some other installation method.

Just for you tap52384 , both silent switchles installer in .cab and .exe , take your choice.

Info

For XP ONLY!!!!

Installs VCdControlTool.exe and HowToUse.txt in "ProgramFiles\Virtual CD Control Panel\" folder

Installs the VCdRom.sys file to "system32\drivers" folder

Adds shortcuts to the "How To Use" and "VCdControlTool" in "All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Virtual CD Control Panel\" folder

Has uninstaller in windows Add/Remove programs.

Vitual CD-Rom Contol Panel v2.0.1.1 Silent-Switchless EXE

Virtual CD-Rom Contorl Panel v2.0.1.1 Silent-Switchless CAB (for nLite users)

Myself I'll stick with my custom DaemonTools 3.47 and awxDTools all in 1 silent-switchless-NoShortcuts package ftm.

Cheers

Edited by smashly