An option for xpizing the setip cd!

alsiladka

Guyz was exited when last time patched my i386 . No more bad resources.But with progress of time , bugs were found in xpize and new version released. when i tried to install it i realised now i cannot revert back to windows basic.

So i thought of a solution to this problem.

we can give the user an option.

He an pacth i386 and lose the chances to revert back to basic windows.

if he does not want this , he can choose to run xpize using the svcpack method .

so this way xpize will run after window is set up and he shall have the uninstall files and option to revert back to basic.Also he can be allowed to choose the switches he wants.

SO BASIC IDEA IS OPTION TO PATCH I386 OR RUN THE PROGRAMME AFTER SETUP

Where is this option. I am using Xpize 4.2 beta 2 lite

When i choose patch the source and select the source as soon as i click next it starts patching. Did not see this option anywhere :no:

it is not in the normal installation i guess

also i thought that giving the user the options to choose his customizations using the switches , whichever are present currently would be cool.

and my main concern is retaining the original files so that one has got the option to uninstall.

You have to do it manually, making an unattended install of Windows. Go to the MSFN unattended guide and learn how to integrate programs in your Windows ISO. Then go to XPize website and have a look at the advanced info. There you can see the switches available for XPize.

That is why i started this thread.

It would be nice i guess if we let the user decide wether he wants to patch the i386 files or wether he wants xpize to run automatically through the svcpack method.

Although i do not know but i guess that if you could create a simple check list where the uer can check the switches he wants , it would be awsome. that way he can choose the various options like run silently , what all to patch and the other available switches.

I think since most of the files have been patched , this could be a major new feature for the next version!!

Hey kindof a good idea.

Xpero think of this and build a -makeunattended setup like in the kazaa codec packs where you select the options you want and it puts out an inf and a bat for the installer to read from. Then all you need to do is call the bat file and violla custom unattended installation.

But for xpize we do not even need all that bat file and inf file stuff.

Xpize reads some particular switches as we all know.

So if we let the user select the switches using a simple check box screen and add xpize to the svcpack.inf along with those switches , bang we have got xpize running after the setup.

i hope what i said is possible?

I think it's possible, but I don't think that many users will use that function. Most of the users who wants to do that, can do it by themselves. I think this function will harm your UAXPCD when you already created a runoncex.

A good idea, but not for everybody. If this function will be added, please add a big warning.

grtz

Sorry, I'm on vacations here and there. Christmas + birthday = fun :)

I dont think this feature is worth to be added. Simply use the switches as all unattended users do. Is not so hard :P