[Question] - Known Microsoft Volume Labels

MrChris

Do you mean like these CD Codes for Windows XP?

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Retail

ARMPXFPP_EN

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Upgrade

ARMPXCCP_EN

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition OEM

ARMPXOEM_EN

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition VLK/Corporate/Volume

ARMPXVOL_EN

Windows XP Professional (SP2) Reinstallation CD

from Dell (pn:om150)

XP2_PRO_ENG

Windows XP Home (SP2) Reinstallation CD

from Dell (pn:7K404)

XP2_PER_ENG

Windows XP Professional (SP2) Retail

VRMPFPP_EN

Windows XP Home (SP2) Retail

VRMHFPP_EN

Windows XP Professional (SP2) Upgrade

VRMPCCP_EN

Windows XP Home (SP2) Upgrade

VRMHCCP_EN

Windows XP Professional (SP2) OEM

VRMPOEM_EN

Windows XP Home (SP2) OEM

VRMHOEM_EN

Windows XP Professional (SP2) VLK/Corporate/Volume

VRMPVOL_EN

Windows XP Home (SP2) VLK/Corporate/Volume

VRMHVOL_EN

Windows XP Professional SP2) MSDN

VRMPFPP_EN

Thanks. Allthough I did kinda need those but really I was looking if there was a complete list out there. As at the moment I am looking for Visual Studio 2005 Professinal ENG.

Thanks,

MrChris

Thanks. Allthough I did kinda need those but really I was looking if there was a complete list out there. As at the moment I am looking for Visual Studio 2005 Professinal ENG.

Thanks,

MrChris

Do you have the "Multiple CD" versions or the "DVD" (that is if it comes in DVD format). If you have the Mutpile CD version then how many CD's are there in all? Plus you can use a program like "ISOBuster" to read the labels you already have on the iso or cd.

I have the multiple CD version. I only downloaded the 2 CD's from Microsoft, I did not download the MSDN bundle, allthough I can if need be. I do not have access to the DVD version.

The thing is. I have created the ISOs for both CD's but when I start the install about 10mins into it it asks me for "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 ENU - Disk 1" but it does not take. I think but am not sure it may have to do with the volume lable.

I downloaded these from Microsoft via This link (login required).

Thanks,

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

I have the multiple CD version. I only downloaded the 2 CD's from Microsoft, I did not download the MSDN bundle, allthough I can if need be. I do not have access to the DVD version.

The thing is. I have created the ISOs for both CD's but when I start the install about 10mins into it it asks me for "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 ENU - Disk 1" but it does not take. I think but am not sure it may have to do with the volume lable.

I downloaded these from Microsoft via This link (login required).

Thanks,

MrChris

If you downloaded them from the Microsoft site what format were they in? ISO - bin/cue - ???

With the ISOBuster you can look at the files like ISO or bin/cue and get the Volume Label. Like for an ISO of WinXP PRO it would show something like "WXPVOL_EN" windos media center would show something like this "NR1PFRE_EN" So I would say that the image file you downloaded from Microsoft woulld show this type label in ISOBuster also

There where not ISO's or BIN files. They where Self Extracting WinZip files.

Oh ok lol sorry bout that. I am still searching for a Volume Label list for you.

Now I have a DVD of the "Visual Studio .NET Enterprise 2003" and its Volume Label is "VSENARD1" So if I had a set of cd's they would be like "VSENARD1, VSENARD2, VSENARD3, VSENARD4, VSENARD5" and so forth. Let me ask my friend if he has the 2005 version (He always has the new stuff) lol

Edited by phatcat42141

Apearntly the labels are the same for ""Visual Studio .NET Enterprise 2003" and for ""Visual Studio .NET Enterprise 2005". Now I did find this page for the Express Version -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/install/

It tells how to burn it to cd. But it also has the .img and .iso formats.

Ok my friend says the first 2 disc should be named cd1 "VSENARD1" and cd2"VSENARD2".

I hope this works for you.

Edited by phatcat42141

I have tried the sugested volume ables and that dit not work. It keeps asking me fofr the frist CD int the middle of the first CD Install @ file MSHTML.DLL @ CD1?????? So those CD Volumes did not work? Any other ideas?

Many thanks for help

MrChris