New Hardware Wizard appearing during unattended install

SRJ

G'day,

I've trawled through the archives hoping to find a quick solution to my problem. I have just built a WinXP Pro SP2 + RyanVM 2.01 + MCE42Beta2 (using nLite v1.0RC4) which works like a dream, except that at the T-25 minute mark, a New Hardware Wizard dialog box appears asking me whether I want to search the internet looking for updated drivers :angry: . The dialog box appears three times and relates to the Terminal Service Mouse Driver, Terminal Service Keyboard Driver and Terminal Services Redirector. It doesn't matter what selection you choose as the files are loaded from the installation CD - the installation then continues without fault :thumbup .

I've played with the Winnt.sif file many times as I thought I'd made an entry that was causing the problem - it hasn't helped. So, I'm now perplexed and don't know what to do to rectify the situation. Could it be due to some selection I've made in nLite or is it something else? :crazy:

Cheers.

• 3 years later...

i'm having exactly same problem.. :( i have searching a lot without success for this problem.. i'm using latest nlite i have integrated driverpack method 2 and it works for the retail english version XP PRO + SP3 but the spanish version i'm getting the same stuff.. is asking me for the drivers about the terminal server.. when missing 25 minutes of the installation making the installation useless in the way it's not unattended anymore.. i don't know why windows ask for those files if those drivers are in the Sp3.cab i'm having exactly same problem as SRJ

i wonder what file should i edit to correct this issue?, is this driverpack bug or nlite bug still persist ?

looking deeper i found this :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/938596

so maybe taking that way i could import that key before the text installation mode ends and that could possibly end the issue.

another way could be using the txtsetup.sif as explained here combined with the previous info to correct this..:

http://gosh.msfn.org/infresh.htm

any advices/tips are welcome.. please i'm hungry for knowledge to correct this bug

someone help me on this please..

My Best Regards

still no luck! :( i tried by injecting the key to HIVESFT.inf:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings]

"SuppressNewHWUI"=dword:00000001

HKLM,"Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings","SuppressNewHWUI",0x00010003,1

the windows hardware wizard still appears at T25

please any help to kill that window will be appreciated!

My best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

nuhi where are you?

this is my other post about this problem here: http://www.msfn.org/board/stop-found-new-h...pid-884196.html

i strongly believe still nlite has causing randomly this bug with certain windows languages... my version is in spanish maybe that's why still the problem persist with nlite

i made an auto it script which kill the window i ran from detachedprogram option but for some reason the installation never pass the 25 minutes maybe freeze? then i have to reset manually.. now it start from T39 again then the auto it exe will work and closes the windows of hardware.... ... but this is totally insane.. i'm missing the unattend purpose already

maybe i'm missing some needed arguments for this to work correctly?

anyone please?