Nlite Addon

alucke

I slipstreamed SP2 in Office 2003 using Admin install option and office updater. Was wondering if there is a way I could make a cab for Office Pro 2003 SP2 for use in Nlite??? I tried making a cab for Nlite and for some reason it only extracts to c:\Office directory. I used the following switches:

Setup=setup.exe TRANSFORMS=PRO11.MSI /qb-

but there is something wrong and i can't figure it out.

alucke

Edited by piXelatedEmpire

I made an autoit script that ran this code

runwait=Office2K3\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

you need to create a directory I386\SVCPACK\Office2K3

all your office setup files should be in the Office2K3 folder.

I dont have the autoit script anymore but i can upload the cab

http://rapidshare.de/files/10143960/PROGRA...OFFICE.CAB.html

nothing illegal in there!

MD5

BB2A0AE6B84D9E7316CDDDF8B3B67786

PS. Recommend running it first as it takes some time.

Edited by mad_mattx

-I used reducer and made silent install, work no prob.

1. Double check info. @ unnattended guide on Office 2k3 silent install w/ reducer.

2. Use WinRAR, IZarch, or whatever, but not 7zip! I've seen too many people have problems using 7zip to further reduce their install. One other thing, leaving out junk filter gave me problems, who knows...My full suite is 150mb. using WinRAR. That's just fine when you consider the full package is over 600mb.

~good luck & happy new year!!~ :w00t:

Edited by thuun derboy

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, if I may step in and have a question:

I have used ORK tools to make the MST file for Office 2000 with all wished components.

What would be the next step?

Would it be packing the whole Office installation Folder with let's say WinRAR with the above mentioned SFX comments, adding it to SVCPACK in a CAB and setting the INI file for it?

Where can I then add the serial number?

Joe Yeti

Where can I then add the serial number?

Using the Office Resource Kit, pay attention to step #8 of the 24 (top right corner tells you which one you are currently on). Click on the "Configure local installation source" and that's where you can preinstall a license key (don't forget to check the box for agreeing to license terms).

Edit: I did this for Office 2003 and the ORK for it. It may be different for Office 2000.

Edited by sleepydvdr

I just used winrar with the following comments...

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

this works fine for me...

Power350 - so you unpack in a Temporary directory, install and delete the Temporary afterwards?

Joe Yeti

I use ORK, Office Reducer and Autoit Script. My full Office 2003 with SP2 is only 125 MB. First you need to make transform file using ORK. You can also put serial number there. Then use office 2003 reducer which will make the source for installation quite small by just copying the file required by what you select to install in answer file. Then use 7-zip to reduce more. Check out this link http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=39048&st=0 to make CAB file for Nlite addon section. Good luck :thumbup

i have used ork tools then i created an sfx archive on winrar

with the commend that Power350 posted

then i created the cab as the guide for adons says

then i integrated it on nlite in the hotfixes section

and i testesd it on vmware and its working fine

but it takes a lot of time to install windows after i added this

(about 40-45 min - before windows installed in about 15min)

is there anything i can do to make the installation of windows faster?

I am having similar problems described by others before. For Office XP (aka 2002), I can get the whole thing to install, but on first run it asks for a serial number because in the Office Resource Kit, there is no place to preinstall a serial number. I tried the exporting and importing settings as an .OPS file, but that apparently doesn't encompass the serial number. Then working with Office 2003 (with the serial inserted), install does start, but hangs and never finishes. For fun, I tried mad_mattx's suggestion on not recompressing but that didn't help. It just never finishes installing. Just want some version of Office to be truly unattended. Should I try getting a different version of Office 2003? Is there some way of inserting a serial in 2002? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :yes: