Game Console vs PC Gaming.

Nex6

How many of you play less "PC games" then you used to and now play "mostly" a console. I was thinking,

when i was younger and less gainfully employed I was a gaming freak. now that I am a little older I have far less time for games but: I love my xbox :)

so Most of my gaming "fix" i get on my xbox. there i can be comfortable in my chair and se the action on my bigscreen. :)

as I thought about it, i play far less "PC games" now and when i do play a game it tends to be a console.

/note: santa brought jade empire.... hehe

-Nex6

I, too, was a gaming freak growing up. I didn't play Metroid or Sonic, but I did play Zelda and Mario. I was a master at Goldeneye 007 in the day. I mastered Zelda 64, too. I could sit infront of the TV for 8 hours non-stop and just play. When I had a friend over, it was even better.

Nowadays, being a 20 year old with a girlfriend, college and a job, I don't have as much time for games as I'd like. I play exclusively on the PC now, though. Half Life 2, Garry's Mod, Call of Duty was cool...

um... i am the complete opposite. i grew up with a super nintendo and playstation, the only games on the comp that i even had were starcraft and warcraft and i love those still. then i got an xbox and i love it but then i got my sweet computer. with this computer i can actually play any game on full settings. you will never go back to a console once you've gotten a high end gaming computer.

I am a long time IT geek. I have also had a pretty good gaming PC. even now, my PC is a P4 3.0 /w ATI 256 ram video and 1 Gb ram PC....

its more of the time, i have for games now. and the fact the a console is a little bit more relaxing sitting back on my recliner and bigscreen. :)

I have also played computer games and console games, altho PC games have always been more so, I just think now with consoles and a nice chair its more relaxing.

-Nex6

well you may be right. i have a tv that is a few years older than me, thats all i have to say. if i had a nice lcd with the high res a/v cable for my xbox, then i may have to reconsider. but in my situation my comp is much much better.

I think it does make the diffence. altho, i still like PC games. but i find now more and more i just play the xbox for my 'fix'

and the fact that my kids use the PC alot.... and i am left to my laptop. (amd mobile 800mz 512 ram and intel video card) -sucks for gaming...

-Nex6

Edited by Nex6

for me i used to be a pc gameing freak now im older,i just chill on my playstation thing i love about consoles is that they work,u switch on and chill,they dont crash or blue screen so,thats what its about being chilled!

The key is to make your PC environment as comfortable as your living room. I have a 7 foot by 5 foot desk with a nice confortable office chair, a 21" NEC monitor, 5.1 surround speakers (Logitech X-530) and a Logitech Rumblepad II gamepad. Gaming on my PC is better then any console because I can do so much more with it.

for me i used to be a pc gameing freak now im older,i just chill on my playstation thing i love about consoles is that they work,u switch on and chill,they dont crash or blue screen so,thats what its about being chilled!

umm, my pc doesnt bsod. as long as you have compatible drivers it wont bsod.

I Grew Up With A NES, Super Nintendo, MegaDrive, N64, And Countless Playstaions

im a mario, zelda, goldeneye, and sonc guy

ive still got these consoles but i prefer to play these on my pc with an xbox controller

i have a projector which beams out a 50" Screen in my bedroom!

i have fully surround sound too

which i play these games on and omg it sounds gr8

i dont play games these days though, i'd rather play my guitar n get drunk n get laid

Generally Live Life To The Full Because It Could Be Taken Away As Easily As it Was Given

Night Night... or rather morning 3.33 am here in UK lol

I grew up with the Atari and Tanks, used to play Tanks for ages. then i moved up bought my NES for $100 with 4games 4controllers back in '94, moved to the big city in '98 and bought a SNES played that alot rented Sega Genesis, Saturn then i bought a psx and I've played that and my PS2 ever since but once I got my pc I kinda stopped playing FPS on the PSX and PS2 I play most of my shooters on PC, PS2 and PSX still take the crown for sports, racing and majority of RPGS but nothing beats a mouse and keyboard for getting those headshots on Unreal Tournament or playing Quake III on my LAN with some friends, Although I still own all my systems except the Atari and the Sega systems (lost during the move) I actually hardly play them, I haven't bought a new game for PSX or PS2 in almost a year :} , but I still play all my old ones, heh

-D-

Edited by D22

I used to play wiht my PS and Mega Driver years ago, but then got into PC gaming, and i won't go back to console gaming! Just find PC gaming so much for fun and better!(thats my opinion:P)