Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
acetone802000

Webcam on windows Mesenger / Win 2k3

Is it possible to activate a webcam with windows messenger under win 2k3 ?

I have a logitech Quickcam Express and when i try to configure messenger the prog say: error ! the cam is already in use.

I have launched the WIA service and windows say the camera is corectly installed.

:)

I've got a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, which didn't install properly in Win2k3

It seems all of Logitech's hardware/software isn't working perfectly with Win2k3 judging from all the other posts in this forum :)

Wait till the final release of msn 6.0, propably will be fixed as they still complying a list of webcam manufactorers etc...

ive had a lot of trouble with webcams i find it better to just plug them in and see if they install on there own rather than install software or drivers for them cos it usually messes them up beyond repair :S

well as you might know, theres not a msn/windows messenger official made/compatible :)

im using MSN 6 on windows 2003 with philips webcam and works great.

may be you have you camera working with some other app as well...